Tuesday 24 July 2012

Starbucks Coupon and Blogger Don't Provide Unlimited Storage for Images

Starbucks Coupon (13th July 2012)
coupon for Starbucks coffee
I was transferred from Kumamoto to Oita office on May 2012. So, my colleague got me a farewell card with a free Starbucks coupon. However, Nakatsu has no Starbucks. And I did not go out of Nakatsu, so it expired before I had a chance to use it. 

For me, Starbucks is overpriced no matter in Malaysia or Japan. One thing that surprised me was that Japanese actually felt that Starbucks coffee is expensive because based on the salary ratio, it was lower in Japan than the ratio in Malaysia. Another thing is for that price, I could get a nice cup of coffee in a cosy cafe elsewhere in a nice porcelain cup. It was so not environmental friendly to use the paper cups. 


Blogger Don't Provide Unlimited Storage for the Blog Images (5th July 2012)

Surprise! When I tried to upload photos to my blog, a message popup "we are sorry, but you have exceeded your photo upload quota". I quickly googled about this. From this episode, I finally realised that the images uploaded to blogger were actually stored in Picasa and Blogger don't provide unlimited storage for images! Picasa offered 1GB of free storage only. If I wished to further upload, I had to buy more storage. So, I looked up to advices online, finally I found a solution, I would upload to Google + and then copy and paste the image URL when I want to insert photos to my blog. When we upload photos to Google +, it will be automatically resized to 2048 pixels and won't count towards the free storage quota. Problem solved!

Some people said that they stored in Facebook, flickr, or any other photo sharing websites, some said they just migrated to WordPress. 


From this also, I found that Gmail has limit of 10GB. Google Docs has limit of 1GB free storage for files, although uploaded files that are not Google Docs files can be up to 10GB each. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment