Wednesday 18 July 2012

To type "♥" with Japanese IME

I knew that typing "Alt + 3" gives us a ♥. However, I could not do it with my laptop's keyboard. So, I find another way, I understood some Japanese, so I add the Japanese IME (input method editor), when I wanted to type the "♥", I changed to Japanese.

1. "♥" is ハート (heart) in Japanese. Just type "ha-to" on the keyboard and pressed the spacebar. 
Then, something like image below will pop up. Just choose any heart you like!
heart ハート ♥ ❥ ❦
2. Other than that, i think arrow symbol is very useful. Arrow is "Yajirushi /矢印/ やじるし".
Just type "yajirushi", and this will pop up. Easier then trying to use the insert function from Microsoft office. Sometimes, I used a long time trying to find the symbols. 
arrow やじるし yajirushi
3. When you are happy, feeling like want to sing?
Just type "ongaku", and this will pop up. (ongaku = 音楽 = music)
music おんがく ongaku
4. Next, there is square.
Just type "shikaku".
square しかく shikaku
It is like wise for triangular "sankaku" or circle "maru".

Interesting, right?

However, before I forget, had to change the settings for the language bar first. Or else, some symbols won't come out.
a. Go to the language bar
b. click the properties for the Japanese (Microsoft IME)

c. Make sure the "Microsoft IME Symbol Dictionary" is on. 

Then, all set. Finish!

More on the Japanese IME here!

No comments:

Post a Comment