Saturday 2 April 2016

Safi (Olive Oil Plus Rose Hip & Pure Olive Oil)

I use olive oil as my hair care product. I do not have a specific brand in mind, normally when I need it, I just choose the cheapest one available in the shop. 

Coincidentally, my latest two olive oil came from the same brand, which was Safi. I bought the Safi Minyak Zaitun Plus Ros Hip (Olive Oil Plus Rose Hip) from an online shop called Soukai (now changed to Hermiso) because I didn't want to pay for the shipping, I needed something to make the bill above RM99 to qualify for the free shipping, and this Olive Oil Plus Rose Hip was the perfect candidate, it's less than RM10 and it's something that I will use eventually. I did use it and it's almost empty now.

I bought the Safi Minyak Zaitun Sejati (Pure Olive Oil) from Guardian Pharmacy when this exact item was having sales, I forgot the price though. I felt funny everytime I saw the "sejati" on the bottle, why didn't Safi just use the word "tulen", instead of "sejati". To me, "sejati" is for "cinta sejati (true love)"! Hahaha!
Safi Minyak Zaitun Sejati & Minyak Zaitun Plus Ros Hip

The designs for these two bottles are different. The Olive Oil Plus Rose Hip one is fatter and shorter than the Pure Olive Oil one. Both have the same volume though, which is 150ml. Below table shows the ingredients of both oils. The only different item is additional Rosa Canina Seed Extract for the Olive Oil Plus Rose Hip, others ingredients are all the same. However, from the descriptions on the bottle, not able to know the exact percentage of the olive oil in these products. LOL, the Pure Olive Oil is not so pure, no so "sejati" base on the ingredients list.

Olive Oil Plus Rose HipPure Olive Oil
Paraffinum LiquidumParaffinum Liquidum
CyclopentasiloxaneCyclopentasiloxane
CyclohexasiloxaneCyclohexasiloxane
Olea Europaea(Olive) Fruit OilOlea Europaea(Olive) Fruit Oil
BHTBHT
Retinyl PalmitateRetinyl Palmitate
Tocopheryl AcetateTocopheryl Acetate
Ascorbyl TetraisopalmitateAscorbyl Tetraisopalmitate
FragranceFragrance
Rosa Canina Seed Extract-

Anyway, both have different scents. I find the Olive Oil Plus Rose Hip more pleasant than the Pure Olive Oil. Since I didn't apply the oil on my face, the scent is less of a concern for me. However, since it's applied on my hair, I often wondered whether the people near me found me "smelly" or not?

Both oils are transparent in colour. Both have the same texture (aka the oiliness), it's very runny and when applied to my hair, helps to detangle my hair. After I applied it to my hair, I massaged the rest as a lotion on my hands. After that, my hands didn't have the oily appearances at all. The skin was softer and not oily! Anyway, for me, this olive oil is mainly for hair care, for moisturising my body, I still use hand cream and body lotion.
Safi Pure Olive oil (colourless)

Safi Olive Oil Plus Rose Hip (colourless)
Since it's oily and no matter how I pour carefully, some oil will still run out of the cap and the whole bottle body become oily. I don't want it to stain my table. So, to avoid oil stain, I store the olive oil in a small corrugated box I got from a skin care purchase online. The size is about right and it can help absorb the oil and keep my table clean. Yeh!!!
Store the olive oil in a small corrugated box

No comments:

Post a Comment