Sunday 15 July 2012

Pumpkin Pork Soup 南瓜猪肉汤

I must be out of my mind when I bought a big pumpkin. It sits inside my fridge for more than one week, I felt if I still left it alone, it will rot. I like pumpkin, however I did not know how to cook it. So, I video called my mom to ask for advice. My mom suggested that I cooked Pumpkin Pork Soup, she said that the soup will be very sweet with the addition with pumpkin.

So, on a fine Sunday morning, I started to prepare for the soup.

Ingredients:
pumpkin, pork, carrot, tomato, onion, etc.

  1. Slice, cut, clean everything. I only had a small knife and to cut this pumpkin into half, it became blunt. I really had to use a lot of energy to cut this pumpkin into cubes. (Tired!)
  2. Add enough water to the pot and start to boil. 
  3. After the water is boiled, add carrot cubes and onion.
  4. Then, add the pork. (use small fire)
  5. Wait until the smell of pork came out. (around 20 minutes)
  6. Add the pumpkin cubes and tomatoes.
  7. After the bubbles can be seen, add salt to taste. 
  8. For safety, I boiled the soup for 15 minutes more to make sure everything is cooked. Hahahaha, I didn't want to have stomach ache later.


Pumpkin
I knew that to make a good soup, should use pork ribs, however, I could not recognize the shape of ribs. I only know the name in chinese and english, not in Japanese. So, I just grabbed this pork that was on sale for 50%. It was a part of the pig anyway. 
Kirishima black pork on discount 霧島黒豚
Final product!
Pumpkin Pork Soup
I was so proud with myself, this was actually the first soup I cooked that tasted good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment