It's kind of difficult to reach XXX in Sungai Way Free Trade Industrial Zone using public transport without resorting to Grab. So I am writing this to give a hint on how to reach KESM Industries Berhad, MEMC Electronic Materials Sdn Bhd, Device Dynamics Asia (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, PICA Manufacturing Solutions (M) Sdn Bhd, Omron Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Herbal Science Sdn Bhd, NXP Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Western Digital KL COE, etc using public transport only.
Well, first thing first, Sungai Way Free Trade Industrial Zone (Sungai Way FTIZ) is located right next to Federal Highway. There's a KTM station called Setia Jaya KTM Station opposite the road. So anyone with access to KTM station can choose to reach the Sungai Way FTIZ via KTM rail network. After reached Setia Jaya Station, one could see the NXP building across the road, just cross the Federal highway using the flyover, walk straight and there is a small gate that next to NXP gate 1, just enter the FTIZ using the gate. I had colleagues coming with KTM, the only demerit is the frequency is much lesser than LRT.
 |
| Sungai Way Free Trade Industrial Zone |
 |
| walking towards Sungai Way Free Trade Industrial Zone from bus stop / KTM station |
 |
gate to Sungai Way Free Trade Industrial Zone
|
The nearest LRT station is around 3km to 4km though. Definitely not walking distance to me. Most of the suggestions are taking grab from the LRT station. Mmm, I am not sure on the price. But I took grab from FTIZ to Glenmarie Station before. It's RM14 per trip, well, it's peak hour. So to save money and time, I found that taking bus is the second best option. Some people might be asking, why not just take the Rapid on Demand, my experience tells me don't even need to try this during peak hour, the waiting time is so long, walking might be faster.
Since Sungai Way FTIZ is literally next to Federal Highway, so we have to find a bus that stopped at both LRT Station and a bus stop at Federal Highway. Well, from my research, there's one bus that stopped at both LRT Ara Damansara and the bus stop opposite KTM Setia Jaya, which is bus Rapid 772. However, there are many more bus routes that stopped at LRT Asia Jaya and KTM Setia Jaya, which is Rapid 772, 750 and 751. So, to take the bus to FTIZ, one could either stop at LRT Asia Jaya or LRT Ara Damansara. LRT Asia Jaya is a safer bet though. More buses pass LRT Asia Jaya.
For my commute to work, I tried both bus 772 and 751. Both covered by My50 pass.
On this week, I tried to commute using public transport again. On 27th July, I woke up earlier and went to the Johan Setia LRT Station, parked there and rushed to take the LRT. Since this is the earliest train, the first stop was still ok, not full.
 |
| first train at LRT Johan Setia (around 5.55am) |
 |
| LRT Shah Alam from Johan Setia (first train) |
After reaching LRT Glenmarie2 (before 7am), I rushed to Kelana Jaya Line to take the train to LRT Ara Damansara. It's only one station from LRT Glenmarie. Kelana Jaya Line was much more busier than the Shah Alam line now. I waited outside the LRT Ara Damansara for the Rapid KL bus 772.
 |
| LRT Ara Damansara Bus Stop |
 |
Bus Stop LRT Ara Damansara (Opp)
|
In the bus 772, there's a monitor. It's interesting, the bus stop name from the bus display still maintain as "Motorola", Motorola was the old name of Freescale, which was the old name of NXP. So, if you are intending to go to Sungai Way Free Trade Industrial Zone, do not hesitate to push the button when it's Motorola stop. It's the correct stop, it's either called "Motorola", "Setia Jaya KTM (opp)" or "Sungei Way Free Trade Zone (Selatan)".
 |
| Rapid bus 772 |
Another way to reach Sungai Way FTIZ is to take bus after reaching LRT Asia Jaya. One have to walk across Federal Highway, and waited for the bus in bus stop infront of Pj8 building.
 |
| Pj8 |
Normally, when I was driving, I would leave company after 7pm to avoid the jam. However, since I was taking public transport, I left around 6pm. Since there were more buses that stopped at LRT Asia Jaya, instead of going back to LRT Ara Damansara, I took bus to LRT Asia Jaya, and took additional stops before I reached Glenmarie Station. I tried for two days. Then, I made a mistake on Wednesday, I was thinking to take the bus to LRT Ara Damansara to see whether I could save more time. Huge mistake, it was raining that day, and the traffic on Federal Highway was horrible! I waited at the Bus Stop KTM Setia Jaya for more than 1 hour. And I saw on the opposite road, so many bus 750, 751 passing. Anyway, I was lazy to cross again. So, I reached LRT Ara Damansara at around 8pm! One and a half hour to reach a LRT station! The only good news was since it's quite late, I was able to get a seat in my ride back to Johan Setia.
 |
| LRT Ara Damansara |
 |
| car park at LRT Johan Setia around 9.30pm |
For this week, I tried from Monday to Thursday. It's tiring, but I think safer for me and other road users, at least I could safely sleep inside the train when I was too tired. Yeah, hope Rapid KL can provide buses that passed through Glenmarie Station.
*latest news, the LRT Shah Alam free ride period is extended to Aug 24.
No comments:
Post a Comment