It has been a long time since I finished a book. Since I was taking public transport for the pass week, I read a book that I bought long time ago. I have to finish reading a few books before I allow myself to buy more books. Hahaha.
![]() |
| 通灵少女2 |
It's a Taiwanese TV drama novel. I knew that it was a HBO drama, and the main cast is YaoYao 瑤瑤 (郭書瑤), I knew her from a Taiwanese variety show years ago. She was known for her body then, so I was surprised when she starred in this drama, a teenage student in a unglamorous attire. Hahaha, she acted as a psychic in the drama. I never had the chance to watch the drama though. So when I saw this novel in a bookstore with 50% discount, I grabbed this, I think I got this in 2025, and now already August in 2026.
Anyway, I read this when I was commuting, luckily I was not the one and only with book in the LRT. It's good to find another book lover in a train. I couldn't get a seat in LRT, so I read this standing while holding a pole. I got to finish this book from 3 rides.
![]() |
| the back cover of the book |
![]() |
| the book pages are from right to left |
This book is actually not the first season, it's from the season 2. Where the main character, Xiao Zhen had been a psychic for a year in a temple. She lost her boyfriend in the first season, and she was starting second year in high school while navigating her role as president of drama club. Actually it's a fun read. The tone in the book followed the Taiwanese Hokkien tone.
I feel that the story is enough for a movie, not a 8 episodes drama though. It has all the elements in this book, family, friends, enemies, lovers, forgiveness, sibling rivalries, return from death, etc. Apart from all the dramas, the part that got to my heart was the part where the main character death boyfriend forgave the driver who hit him. I am a very petty person, I don't think I can do it.
Anyway, commuting using public transport is the best way to read. Go go go!



No comments:
Post a Comment