Sunday 30 August 2015

Business Trip To Singapore

I went to Singapore a few months ago for business trip. It was my second trip to Singapore. Like a lot of Malaysians, the first foreign country I went to was Singapore. Well, my first trip to Singapore was not for pleasure too, I went there for machine buy off, the schedule was quite hectic, so I didn't manage to go around Singapore. For my second trip, I managed to walk around Orchard Road and Clarke Quay. However, the night I planned to go Marina Bay, it rained, so I just abandoned the plan and stayed at the hotel. 

Anyway, for someone who earned RM, everything in Singapore was so expensive. So, even though there were many department stores in Orchard Road, I just window shopped. For the food, I didn't do the mental conversion to RM, so it's still bearable. Well, I didn't go to the high end restaurant, I just had my meals in the food court in department stores, the food selections were quite varied and all the meals I had suited my palate. I guess Malaysians and Singaporeans have similar taste buds.

I felt safe mentally when walking in Singapore. I guess many Malaysians shared my sentiment. Hahaha! The night view in Orchard Road was not bad, I took so many photos using my phone. It's too bad I didn't bring my camera along. 
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
One night, me and my colleagues went to Clarke Quay. It was very happening. We went to the food court in a mall for dinner. Compared to the outside, The mall was quite empty. We left the mall after dinner. There're many people in Clarke Quay, some were sitting besides the river bank and enjoyed the view. It's quite peaceful. 
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
After that, we went to a pub. The time was still quite early, so we ordered drinks with happy hour price. The band was good, I liked the songs. We stayed there for few hours until another band came.
a pub in Clarke Quay
Overall, since this's a working trip, I didn't go to a lot of places in Singapore. I would like to come someday for the Singapore Zoo, I am interested with the night safari. I didn't buy much too, just got myself a T-shirt with "Singapore is a FINE City". 
souvenir from Singapore (a T-shirt with "Singapore is a Fine city")
Although some of my colleagues think that the Orchard Grand Court was quite old, I think it's quite good. Although it's only me, I stayed in a very spacious room with a single bed and a double bed. It was very near to a 24-hour supermarket too, it's so convenient. I went to the supermarket almost every night to buy something for snacking. Nice.
hotel room in Orchard Grand Court
I didn't spend much on things, but for food, I didn't limit myself. Have a full stomach the whole time in Singapore. Hahahaha!
supper (macaroon with Greek yoghurt and tea)

No comments:

Post a Comment