Sunday 2 August 2015

Aloe Vera Flower

My house have a pot of Aloe Vera plants. When it started to have little Aloe Vera, my mom would cut the old big juicy Aloe Vera out to make Aloe Vera drinks. So, I never knew that Aloe Vera has the ability to flower. So, I was really surprised when I saw spikes growing out of the Aloe Vera plants. 
Aloe Vera Flower
There were two plants on the same pot. I think both flowered at around the same time. By the time I noticed this, some buds already changed colour, not the earliest stage of flowering. I think the earliest stage must look like wheat plant. Hahaha! 
Plant A: early stage of the bloom (10th June 2015)
Plant B: early stage of the bloom (10th June 2015)
In one week time, all the buds bloomed into red / orange flowers. Some of the petals already dropped too. It's so fast.
Plant A: the flowers turning red (17th June 2015)
Plant A: photo taken from the direction of the ground (17th June 2015)
Plant B: the flowers turning red (17th June 2015)
In one more week time, all the petals dropped and only a stick left on the plant, it's quite sad, life's so short!
end of life (25th June 2015)
petals dropped to the Aloe Vera plants (25th June 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment