Saturday 22 August 2015

Crack Heels

I had crack heels, but it's nothing serious, I mean, it didn't crack until I felt the pain. It's quite mild actually. Although I applied lotions on my body, I felt it's not convenient to apply it on the foot, imagine touching the floor with bare feet after applying the lotion, quite icky. Plus, I don't wear heels and very seldom wear sandals too, I am a shoes person, I like loafers and sport shoes, and I can't drive with sandals. So, my crack heels were not really a issue for me until the skin started to peel off. Then, I started to get worried.

So, I decided to apply lotion on my feet. Since I have two creams from Taiwan that I haven't use that time, I decided to try that for my feet. One was Cingjing Hand and Nail Cream 清境绵羊油护手霜 and another was Celllina Cream 雪芙蘭滋養霜. Both were very affordable. For the Cellina Cream, I bought it in Watson Ximending, while for the Cingjing Hand and Nail Cream, my brother bought it when he went visiting Cingjing, he went earlier than me, so when I saw the exact same package, I really laugh out loud. In the souvenir section in Cingjing, there's a package for two bottles of Cingjing Hand and Nail Cream plus two bottles of sweets made from sheep milk. all four items for 100 NTD. Actually, I was wondering why my brother bought hand cream and sweets, that's so not him. Hahaha, the actual cause was it's cheap. 
mild crack heel (before and after)
So, I started to apply lotion to my feet before I fall asleep every night (That's was my intention, but some nights, I was too tired and just slept right after I lay on the bed). I would massage a bit and put on my socks, to prevent the lotion polluting the bedsheets. One of my friends actually wore socks and gloves to make sure the lotion stayed on the skin. I have gloves, but I was too lazy to locate it, I kept it somewhere with all the winter gears. So, only the feet got the protection and the hands were exposed to the air.

Both the Cingjing Hand and Nail Cream and Cellina Cream were similar in texture and smell. Maybe it was due to the fact that both contained sheep oil. I used both interchangeably. Well, in terms of absorption rate, I think Nivea has the most easily absorbed lotion. For both of these lotions, I needed to massage a bit to get the lotion into the skin. I am ok with that.

For the Cingjing Hand and Nail Cream, I was surprised that it contained Vaseline. Hahaha! However, on a closer look, the Cellina Cream have Petrolatum, basically the same thing. I have a friend who was very into this Vaseline Pure Petroleum Jelly in Japan, he was from Malaysia too, when I travelled with him, I could see that he kept applying the jelly whenever there's a chance to do that. Even during walking. The result was he was rewarded with very glossy skin and lips during winter and I had chapped lips. Vaseline can really help to lock in the moisture.  
Cingjing Hand & Nail Cream 清境绵羊油护手霜
For the Cellina Cream, I didn't know this brand before, but apparently it's a very old established brand in Taiwan. There are many reviews on this brand online. This particular Cellina Cream is the go to lotion in Taiwanese household during winter according to some bloggers. Wow, initially I bought this because it's cheap and I wanted to buy a Made in Taiwan lotion. The quality is quite good for the price. My only gripe was the smell, not a fan. 
Cellina Cream 雪芙蘭滋養霜 
Cellina Cream 雪芙蘭滋養霜 - ingredients list
Cellina Cream 雪芙蘭滋養霜
Anyway, after I sometimes use, sometimes don't use the lotion on my feet, after around two to three months, my feet finally have no crack heels. It's not smooth yet. But, it's ok, at least it looks better. 

Below shows the ingredients list for the Hand Cream and Cellina Cream.
No.
Cingjing Hand and Nail Cream
Cellina Cream
1
Stearic Acid
Stearic Acid
2
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
3
Lanoline oil
Lanoline
4
Triethaol Amine
Triethanolamine
5
Vaseline
Petrolatum
6
Parafin oil
Mineral Oil
7
Bee wax
DI water
8
Cethyl Alcohol
Glyceryl Stearate
9
P.O.E Sorbitan monostearate
Ceresin
10
Na Benzoate
Propylene Glycol
11
Stearyl Cetyl Alcohol
12
Carbomer
13
Fragrance
14
Allantoin
15
Aloe Vera Extract
16
Vitamin E Acetate
17
Imidazolidinyl Urea
18
Methylparaben
19
Propylparaben

No comments:

Post a Comment