Friday 7 September 2012

Grapefruit (グレープフルーツ) with Yogurt

I like oranges. So, when I saw a big pack of 6 oranges sold with only 400 yen in a local supermarket (fruits are very expensive in Japan), I just grabbed it. However, I did not realise that it was grapefruit. I mistook it for oranges. The grapefruit was so sour that I had problems to finish it. However, I did not want to waste food too. So, finally I decided to add the grapefruit to yogurt. 
  1. remove all the rind (skin of the grapefruit) and pith (thread-like white material), just the flesh remained. 
  2. add the flesh into the yogurt
  3. stir well and serve
grapefruit with yogurt
The taste was actually not bad, the yogurt was kinda sweet and it blended well with the sourish grapefruit. A good and delicious dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment