Tuesday 25 September 2012

Chrysanthemum Tea

Before I came to Japan, my mom packed a lot of food stuffs for me. One of the stuffs was dried chrysanthemum. I learnt from my roommate during university time that it was ok to just dip the dried chrysanthemum in hot boiled water until the smell coming out. For me, the easier the better. 

I had a tea pot with accompanying metal mesh filter. The filter was very convenient. 
  1. Take out the desired amount of dried chrysanthemum and put into the filter
  2. Clean it with running water to remove any dirts.
  3. Put the filter on the tea pot opening
  4. Pour boiled water and let it be until the smell of chrysanthemum comes out.
  5. Pour the chrysanthemum tea into a glass or cup and add sugar or honey to taste
A nice glass of chrysanthemum tea, minus the hours of boiling!

※ I reuse the chrysanthemum for around 3 to 4 times, after that, the taste will subside. 
Chrysanthemum tea

No comments:

Post a Comment