Saturday 28 November 2015

Buying Dresses From Zalora

I am a shirt and pants kind of person, I have never wore a dress to work before and the dresses in my wardrobe can be counted on the fingers of one hand. It had never bothered me until I agreed to be a bridesmaid for my friend. My friend only had one rule for the dress, it had to be in white colour. Well, most of the girls have white colour dresses. I did not have. So, I planned to buy a dress before the wedding, I was very lazy to go to the malls, so I planned to buy the dresses online. A friend said that she bought a dress from Zalora, dimension and looks wise, it was ok, but the dress had a torn seam, so she returned it and got back the money. 

Well, since my friend did get back her money from Zalora, I had more confidence to buy from Zalora, if it didn't fit, I could just return the dress. So, I browsed to find a white dress. For first time buyer, one could get some discount code if the purchasing amount was more than a certain amount. For the search term, I used "white dress" and sorted from cheapest to most expensive. From the searches, I chose a Flap Pocket Detail Dress by Zalora. For the size, I measured my upper arm circumference, bust circumference and waist circumference with measuring tape and concluded the XS was my size. So, I added that into my cart. 
Flap Pocket Detail Dress
For this Flap Pocket Detail Dress, when I received it, I was stunned to see the colour, it was yellowish, not white. I thought Zalora sent me the wrong dress, so I rechecked the description. Ahhhh, I missed out the word "off-white". I googled to find out the meaning of "off-white". That was the first time I heard of this colour. Although the colour was not the one I wanted, but I like this dress. So, instead of returning it, I decided to keep it and bought another "white" dress. 
Flap Pocket Detail Dress - the stitching was quite good
Flap Pocket Detail Dress - the fabric was quite thick
From the first purchase also, I chose another black dress for the wedding dinner, not really a solid black dress, more on patterned lace black dress. This dress has two pockets on both sides. I like pockets. The quality was quite decent. This dress was a XS too. 
Collared Lace Swing Dress
Collared Lace Swing Dress - a little stray thread on the seam area
For both the Flap Pocket Detail Dress and Collared Lace Swing Dress, coincidentally, both from Zalora Brand too, the total price was RM95, but after using a discount code, it was further down to RM76. Not so expensive considering the quality of the dresses was quite good and decent. 

Since I found out the Flap Pocket Detail Dress was not white, I bought another dress from Zalora. This second time around, I make sure I got the "white" colour dress. I bought a Drew Shift Dress with Peter Pan Collar. This time around, I got a 'S" size dress. This dress fitted me perfectly and although it's white, the fabric was quite thick and the underwear line was not so obvious. Other bridesmaids in my friend's wedding were surprised that I bought this dress online. They were worried about the size matters. I think buying clothes from online store is safe as long as the description and the measurements are correct. Plus, I have my limitation on online shopping too, if it's something very expensive, I think I will just go to the actual store to buy it. If I dare to buy it online, I already have the mental preparations that it might not look exactly like the pictures posted. 
Drew Shift Dress with Peter Pan Collar by NINE2FIVE
I bought this shift dress when Zalora was having a storewide discount of 20% and free shipping for all. So, I paid RM32.80 for this dress and didn't have to pay for the shipping. So convenient and so dangerous, although the dresses I chose were not that expensive, it added up after a few purchases. Have to control myself!
Drew Shift Dress with Peter Pan Collar - the fabric was quite thick

No comments:

Post a Comment