Saturday 5 December 2015

Big Bad Wolf Book Sale 2015

4th December 2015

Time for Big Bad Wolf Book Sales again. Me and my friend, Dila have been going to this book sales for a few years now. It's like an annual activity already. From the first time in Amcorp Mall to the MIECC now. This year, we went to this book sales again on the first day of sales. We took half day leave and reached MIECC on around 2pm. First, we went to The Mines Shopping Mall to have lunch. We went to a restaurant called Little Wok and I was disappointed with the pan mee, in the photo on the menu, there were many fried anchovies, but the actual pan mee didn't even have one anchovy. Mmmm, the taste was ok though. 

After filling up our stomachs, we went to the MIECC. Surprisingly, I felt that the crowd was around the same or less than the 2014 preview sales. Well, maybe it was due to the economic situation or people are waiting for the fire sales afterwards. Anyway, the books arrangement was still pretty good when we were there. That was new! For the previous sales, I remembered even though I went on first day, the books arrangement was quite messy already. 
BigBadWolf 2015 - trolleys are available
This year, the organiser prepared the trolley for the shoppers. Well, it was way more convenient than to lug the corrugated box around like in the previous sales. People thronging to the book sales were calmer too, no more pushing around, and people were willing to give way to others. Well, it's a good experience, except the salesmen and saleswomen who were promoting the credit cards, There're so many promoters inside and outside the hall, walk few steps, some promoters would ask whether one wanted to apply for credit card or not. I met a very persistent saleswoman, it dented my mood a little bit. I think the promoters inside the hall were a nuisance. 
BigBadWolf 2015
I think that the overall price for the books in the Big Bad Wolf Book Sales had increased compared to last year. Not so expensive, but many books were priced from RM10 onwards. The RM8 selections were not that much. I bought a few hard cover books this time around.

Below photos are the one I found interesting.

I spent minutes on the corner with all those children's books on the photo below. The reason being the cover was very interesting! It had felt on the cover, so, when one touched it, it was so warm, a nice cozy book during winter time. Although Malaysia is a hot country all year round, I like it so much that I put one in my cart. Not for the content, but solely on the packaging. 
BigBadWolf 2015 - fluffy book cover
I read the Anne of Green Gables in Chinese when I was a small kid. So, when I saw this book, I was tempted to buy it, with the gorgeous golden fore edge .However, then I realised that it's some sort of activity book. So, I put it down.
BigBadWolf 2015 - fold and create a sculpture
In the sales, I saw many books had price stickers in pound. Well, the organiser sourced the book until UK. I think the previous sellers were very happen to get rid of the book, inventory would eat up the warehouse space and it's a cost too. 
BigBadWolf 2015
I saw a book with title "Big Bad Wolf"! What a namesake. 
BigBadWolf 2015
Then, I saw a "The Fault in Our Stars" in the Bahasa Malaysia version. The title in BM is "Tertulis di Bintang-Bintang". Well, it's quite an appropriate translation.
BigBadWolf 2015 - The Fault In Our Stars in Malay
In the book sales also, there was a section where one could buy a children's book and donated it to the hospital or charity that the program supported. I bought a bed time story book. However, after I bought it, I felt that it's better if I just donated the money instead. I am not a kid person, not sure if I chose the right book or not. 

Anyway, the curious corner for the sales has quite a decent selections. I saw a guy taking selfies with the posters, so cute! Although I like a poster very much, I didn't have the habit of putting a poster on my wall, so I didn't buy it. For parents whose kids like the Frozen very much, there are quite a few Frozen themed posters there.
BigBadWolf 2015 - curious corner
BigBadWolf 2015 - curious corner
BigBadWolf 2015 - curious corner
Finally, my haul from the sales. 
I bought this children's book for the cover, so vain. Hahaha!
BigBadWolf 2015 - magical stories
Bought a hard cover book from National Geographic. The pictures were awesome!
BigBadWolf 2015
I got two books from Nicholas Sparks, I think he writes the most sappy romance. 
BigBadWolf 2015 - Nicholas Sparks
And I got a memoir, I knew this person from a TV drama when I was still in secondary school. I think that she must have worked really hard to survive a divorce and then became a Vice President of a bank later in her life. It's not easy for a woman in the early 20th century. Can't wait to read it. 
BigBadWolf 2015 - Bound Feet and Western Dress
Then, I got three fictions. Each by Dan Brown, Salman Rushdie and Deborah Harkness.
BigBadWolf 2015 - fictions
Then, a yearly staple. Another book from Mitch Albom, this time it's "The First Phone Call From Heaven".
BigBadWolf 2015 - Mitch Albom
Finally, three books from Terry Pratchett, "The Carpet People", "Sorcery" and "Guards! Guards!". 
BigBadWolf 2015 - Terry Prachett
All are very interesting! I need to keep up with my reading, I still have many books that I haven't read. I wish everybody have a good time reading, Bonne Lecture!

No comments:

Post a Comment