Tuesday 22 December 2015

NARUKO Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX with NARUKO NRK Rosehip Perfecting Elixir

After the Naruko night gelly, I started to use other products by Naruko. At the same time, I read a lot about the benefits of facial oil and wanted to try it. However, most of the oil were very expensive. Then, when browsing at a online shop, I saw NRK Rosehip Perfecting Elixir and it's RM29, considerably cheap compared to other facial oils. So, I bought it. However, I was afraid to use it alone on my face. Initially, I used it on my lips. However, I found the smell too "plasticky", so I stopped using it on my lips. Weird, my nose must be different from other people, some thought it is "fishy" and some thought the smell was very nice with rose scent when I read the reviews online.
Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX & NRK Rosehip Perfecting Elixir
Anyway, I mixed the Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer with Rosehip Perfecting Elixir. I think that the Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer alone was not moisturising enough for me.
using dropper to suck the "Elixir" out
After toner, I would use the dropper (came with the Rosehip Perfecting Elixir) to suck some oil out from the bottle. Well, until today, I am not sure whether the bottle was made by glass or plastic, when I hold the bottle, it didn't feel solid or heavy, but when the bottle came into contact with other surfaces like the table top or door, it sounded like glass bottle. Anyway, I just kept this one in my room, I didn't store it in a fridge. 

I would drop a few drops of the elixir on my palm, then I added a few pumps of the Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX. Then, I emulsified it by rubbing my palms. Not able to take the after photo because both hands were covered with the emulsions, I didn't want to contaminate my camera.
Moisturizer and Rosehip Perfecting Elixir on my palm
Then, I rubbed it on my face. I use the word "rub" because I just applied it on my face without any special method. I didn't massage my face, didn't have the patience, everytime I tried to do that, I gave up after one or two times. Hahaha! Although the elixir was basically a type of oil, after I applied it, my face and palms didn't become sticky. I felt that my skin absorbed it well. 

Although I felt that the smell of Rosehip Perfecting Elixir was not nice, the smell became very pleasant for me after I mixed it up with the Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX. Maybe the smell of the Moisturizer EX was more overwhelming than the elixir and it masked the smell of the oil. 

Anyway, I felt that my face was ok with this combinations. So far so good. After I opened the Rosehip Perfecting Elixir, it was ok, however, after awhile, something precipitated outside the bottle. Since my face was doing ok, I continued to use this. Maybe it was due to the fact that I kept it in room temperature, instead of in the fridge to give it a more constant temperature. Now that I think of it, if I put this bottle in the fridge, maybe I could use it longer because the volume of the oil wouldn't be lost to precipitations. Interesting!

The oil is finishing soon, so I tried to buy it online, however, surprisingly both Hermo and Natta Cosme ran out of this. Mmmm, need to try other oils!
precipitate on the bottle of the elixir

No comments:

Post a Comment