Friday 1 January 2016

Empties For Second Half '15

Happy new year! Time flies, it's 2016!

I have been keeping all the used bottles and jars for my skin care products. Now, it's the time to summarise the empties for second half of 2015 and toss it. Hahaha!
Empties for second half 2015
1. St. Ives Daily Hydrating Vitamin E Body Lotion
I bought this body lotion because it was cheaper than Nivea, price per volume wise. I chose the Vitamin E type because well, Vitamin E should be very hydrating. True to St. Ives claims, it is fast absorbing and non greasy. The texture is quite watery and the smell is ok. I applied this right after the night time bath everyday, I had to wipe my body dry first before I applied the lotion, or else it would stay on my skin and not absorbed into my skin. It is a OK body lotion, however, I think it's not moisturising enough for me, sometimes my chest area was itchy, I think the itchiness was due to the dryness of my skin, so after this body lotion, I will go back to Nivea or try other brands. 

2. Veet EasyGrip Ready To Use Wax Strips - 20 Wax Strips + 4 Perfect Finish Wipes (Shea Butter and Berry Fragrance for normal skin)
Well, I don't normally get rid of the hair on my legs. But, when I needed to wear dress, I would do it. I don't want to become the odd one out. I would trim the hair first, then only I used the wax strip to strip away the hair. It's so painful! After that, some adhesive would stay on the skin, so the finish wipes became useful then, I used it to wipe away the adhesive. After waxing, normally the hair will grow back to normal in around three to four weeks time. If I didn't have any functions to attend to, I would left it until the next event.(*^_^*)!

3. Naruko Rosehip Perfecting Elixir
precipitate outside the bottole
Well, I like this Rosehip Perfecting Elixir although the smell is not pleasant for me. Too bad, I couldn't get it online now. Both Hermo and Natta Cosme sold out. After using this for some time, some precipitate started to from outside the bottle, since my face was ok, I kept using until the end. Now I am using Nature Republic Rose Essence, the smell is way more nicer than this Rosehip Perfecting Elixir. However, I think the Rosehip Perfecting Elixir is better for skin. So, maybe I will repurchase this after the online stores carry it. 

4. Ginvera Bio Pure Olive Oil
I use olive oil for my hair. After washing my hair, I will apply the oil on my hair from the roots around the scalp area to the hair tips. I have been using olive oil from three brands so far, all didn't make my hair greasy. The trick in using olive oil is the wet hair. It didn't work so well with dry hair. It's getting easier to comb my hair nowadays. 

5. Etude House Vanilla Moist Eye's Cream
empty tube
It's not a good eye cream for me. However, I was reluctant to just throw it away. Since it didn't work on my neck too, I used this on my feet. I dug out all the remaining cream and applied it on my feet, finished it in four or five nights, I think. 

6. Exuviance Soothing Toning Lotion
It is a small tube, got it as free gift when I bought a lot of Exuviance products. It's a decent toner, easy to bring around when travel. Now, I still have two bottles left. Sometimes, when I am not using my Aqualabel toner, I use this toning lotion.  Ahhh, I bought too many toners, I should buy more moisturizer instead. 

7. Exuviance Purifying Clay Masque
I bought this clay masque under the recommendations from the beautician at a facial salon. My face was very oily then, so the beautician advised me to use this clay masque to absorb the excess oil on my face. Well, I found it very drying, so I took a long time to finish it. Well, I felt so stupid because before this tube was even half gone, I bought another tube when the facial salon was having a promotion. I really need to stop stocking up! 

8. Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
I think it's a good cleaner, but since it's not cheap, going to say bye bye with this. 

9. Olay Natural White All In One Fairness Night Cream
Empty jar of the Olay Natural White All In One Fairness Night Cream
Initially bought this to replace the Shiseido Deluxe Night Cream, although this Olay Natural White All In One Fairness Night Cream didn't do anything bad to my skin, I felt it is not helping my skin either. So, at the end, I only used this on my neck only. Most probably not going to repurchase this. 

10. am+pm Super Triple HA Night Gelly
Now I am a fan of night gelly. Compare this am+pm Super Triple HA Night Gelly to the Naruko Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX, I like the latter better. I felt this am+pm Super Triple HA Night Gelly smells like chemical. Maybe it's due to the very high concentration of hyaluronic acid. Anyway, not going to repurchase this in the mean time, will buy other series of night gellys or sleeping mask from other brands to try it out. 

11. Shiseido Aqualabel Moist Protect Milk UV SPF 28 PA++
This have become my most frequent repurchase sunscreen. Too bad I couldn't get it from the online stores that I normally frequented. I need to go to actual stores to buy it, feel so lazy to go out these days. Soukai, Natta Cosme or Hermo, please carry this sunscreen!

12. Exuviance Sheer Refining Fluid SPF 15
A sunscreen from Exuviance, finally I finished this. Bought this from the beauty salon too. I don't like this at all, if I didn't apply a heavy cream before I applied this, this Exuviance Sheer Refining Fluid would dried up, my face would look dirty with tiny white flakes. Mind you, applying moisturizer alone is not enough, I must layered with a heavy cream to prevent flakes later when I used this Exuviance Sheer Refining Fluid. So happy I finished this, never again. 

13. Shiseido D Program Power Vital Solution
airless pump
Bought this in Japan during winter time, my skin was very oily and dry at the same time. The salesperson in the Shiseido counter recommended this for me. The packaging utilises the airless pump design. I alternate this Power Vital Solution with the night gelly for my last step in my night time skin care routine. After I couldn't get any cream out when I push the pump, I opened up the bottle, to my surprise, it was very clean inside the bottle, not a drop left lying inside the wall. Then, I opened all, only a tiny bits left under the pusher. Wow, airless packaging helps to prevent wastage, we can squeeze more out, greener to the environment and friendlier to the wallet. 

14. Mentholatum Deep Moist Lipbalm 
tiny bits of lip balm left
I don't wear lip balm during the day. I apply at night before bed if I remember to do so. If I didn't apply for few days straight, my lips would crack, I hate the feelings. However, I did't feel comfortable with the lip balm on my lips when I was eating, so only when I was sleeping. Although there is still some balm left, time to call it a day because I spun too much and I couldn't get the top portion back to the tube. I think I will use the balm left on the hands before dispose the tube. It's so difficult to finish up lip balm, I still remember when I was buying stuffs at Guardian Pharmacy a few months ago, the staff there told me there's a buy one free one promotion on lip balms. I told her, "it's ok, it is so difficult to finish up the lips product, I will buy it when I need it". 

15. Naruko Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX
empty bottle
Well, this is my go to moisturizer right now. I am into my second bottle and I already have a new bottle stocked up in my cabinet already. The design of the pump is not so good, so when there's little left, it's very difficult to dug it all out. Initially, I added some toner to make it less viscous, I wanted to pour it out. However, it's still stubbornly inside the bottom of the bottle. So, that's it, the end, time to move on to the new bottle. 

16. Guardian Ultra-Hydrating Hand Cream (Cottony Flower)
the tube crack at the thread area
Well, I kept this in the office and I applied the hand cream more often than when I was at home. I found out when I applied hand cream before I wore plastic gloves, it's less likely to get sweaty, not sure the science behind it. I need to wear gloves when I go into production lines at work, I was afraid that I might get arthritis with my sweaty hands wrapped inside the gloves for hours, there is no science to back it up, but my mom kept saying that hands in water for too long will cause arthritis. So, I diligently apply hand cream at work. Hahaha. At the end of life, the tube crack at the thread area. Maybe I squeezed too hard to get the remaining hand cream.

17. Shiseido D Program Acne Care Lotion
I think this is my last bottle of Shiseido D Program Acne Care Lotion. It's still not available in Malaysia and I found other products that are suitable for my skin. And my acne pretty much cured now. So, bye bye Shiseido D Program. 

18. Nivea Body Milk Intensive Moisture (Vitamin E & Grape Seed Oil) for Dry To Very Dry Skin
This is a very moisturising body lotion. But the smell is very strong for me. The texture is very runny and it takes awhile for the lotion to sink into the skin, however, when I was using this lotion, I didn't feel itchiness on my body. So, will definitely repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment