Friday 11 October 2013

KTM (Mid Valley → Kepong ; Kepong → Klang)

A friend in Kepong was getting married and he invited me for his wedding dinner. Well, I hate driving and I had plenty of annual leaves. So, I decided to take public transport to Kepong and stayed for the night in another friend's house. I took annual leave the next day. 

This time around, I took KTM (Keretapi Tanah Melayu) and bus. Well, this was the second time I took train in Malaysia, I didn't have much memory on my first train ride though. First, I took bus to Mid Valley Station because the bus I boarded didn't pass by KL Sentral. Well, Mid Valley Station was quite busy that day, most of the commuters had to stand. However, the situation was not as crowded as the one in Tokyo (of course!).

I entered the ladies coach, however, a lot of men were inside that 'Ladies Coach' too! Well, if there's only one man inside the coach, maybe he would feel uncomfortable, but when there's a crowd, it looks like normal! Anyway, I got a seat very fast after the train stopped at KL Sentral, a lot of commuters departed there, there's only 5 people left on the coach,  the coach looked so empty. I reached Kepong Station very soon and called my friend to fetch me up. We went to a salon to prepare ourselves for the dinner that night.
Ladies Coach (KTM)
Ladies Coach (KTM)
The next day, time to go back. My friend sent me to Kepong Station before she left for work. Initially, I planned to go to Setia Jaya Station and take bus from there. However, I changed my mind not long after I boarded the train, I decided to stop at Kuala Lumpur Station. It's a station with an old world charm, it still retains the original Moorish structures and steel frames, a very good place to take photo, hahaha!

I didn't go out of the station though, just took photos inside the station. Then, I went to the ticket counter to extend the station, however, I had to buy another ticket from Setia Jaya to Klang. The tickets combination was more expensive than one ticket from Kepong to Klang. Anyway, lesson learnt, plan first!
a train passing Kuala Lumpur Station
Kuala Lumpur Station
Kuala Lumpur Station
Kuala Lumpur Station (very grand!)
Kuala Lumpur Station (very old time feeling)
The train to Klang (Batu Caves ⇔ Port Klang line) was older, but clean. Well, before KL Sentral, the coaches were full of people, after that, there's no need to stand, everyone had a seat to sit. I was quite surprised actually, that time when I boarded the train was peak hour, I first assumed that there would be a big crowd of people rushing to work! Instead I had a seat! Well, it means that public transports are still not very well taken by Malaysians. 頑張れ, KTM, I believe that if you maintain the frequency and tardiness, more people will come to you!
Ladies Coach (KTM)
Well, after reached Klang, I asked around for the direction to Klang Bus Station and walked there. Finally, I knew the location for the famous Klang Bridge Bak Kut Teh, it's very near to the Klang Station and Klang Bus Station! 

No comments:

Post a Comment