Saturday 5 October 2013

Hanami はなみ 花見

7th April 2012

When doing 5S on my photos, I came across this album, Hanami. Hanami (花見) means flower viewing in Japanese. Every year, during sakura season, Japanese will go cherry flower viewing with families, friends or colleagues. My colleague invited me and I happily joined. Well, when I first heard about 'Hanami', I thought it's 'Hanabi', and I told her that I thought Hanabi is a summer activity. She laughed so hard. "It's 'Hanami' 花見, not 'hanabi' 花火" She explained to me.

Anyway, on that day, I went to Heisei Park 平成公園 by train. I only realized after reaching there that the place was quite near, accessible by bicycle from my house! During that day, Heisei Park was having Sakura Festival, so there were performances and games for kids. A lot of people chose that day to 'hanami'. So, on that field, a lot of people can be seen laid down their sheet and picnic under the sakura tree.
Sakura Festival 桜まつり
Initially, we camped under a tree, however, it was too cold and we were shivering. So, we moved our camping sheet. The second location was directly under the sun, although it's not as cold, the sunlight was strong, I had sun burnt after the hanami. (need to remember to apply sunscreen even though it's spring!)

My colleagues prepared food and drinks (soft drinks and alcohol), there were kids! Some people barbecued too. Hahaha, I met my boss with his wife and kid, the couple just sat under a tree and watched their son playing nearby. The sakura petals just fell on them, that scene was quite romantic! ♡

Anyway, back to our group, we just eat, drink and talk. Some people nearby us were drinking (a lot!). I have seen news on the TV that some drinkers were admitted to the hospital because they had alcohol poisoning due to hard drinking during the hanami, that's quite horrible! I am not a fan of alcohol, but I don't prevent others to drink too, but it have to be moderate, it's not a pretty sight to get drunk!
Sakura Festival 桜まつり
Sakura Festival 桜まつり
Sakura viewing 花見
Sakura viewing 花見
Sakura viewing 花見
Sakura viewing 花見
Well, after finished all the food, time to say goodbye. All the rubbish were thrown inside clear plastic bag (municipal law) and the camping sheet was cleaned and folded nicely, no rubbish was left behind!

Then, on my way home, I admired the beauty of the sakura along the way. It's so beautiful.
sakura
a lone sakura tree in the middle of intersection
After full bloom and leaves start to sprout, the sakura season is almost over! The petals will fall one by one (the view is quite nice), and when the season is over, the sakura tree will become a normal tree without any flowers until the next sakura season.
Sakura
sakura

No comments:

Post a Comment