Saturday 26 October 2013

Fishing

16th October 2011

Well, this's the one and only fishing experience I have. My colleague, Kondo san and her family love fishing. They even own a fishing boat and many fishing gears. She spent her holiday on fishing. Sometimes, she even went out on the early morning (or rather, after midnight) to fish.

Anyway, one day, she invited me and two other colleagues to go fishing. I grabbed the chance and said yes! A day before, Kondo san even sent us the information about the fish, the weather and the proper attire (the weather was very cold in the morning!). Our targeted fish was Kisu (鱚/キス), during that season, Kisu was abundant in Yatsushiro Sea in Amakusa.

So, on that fine morning (no strong wind, good for fishing), I wore layers of clothes, with hat and applied sun screen. Kondo san fetched me, SK and Naz from our apartments early in the morning.  Then, we went to Kondo san's parents house. Finally, we left for Amakusa. It's quite far from Kumamoto City. We had a good view along the way, the sea was so calm and we could see boats (many of them). Kondo san explained that almost all the boats were owned by fishing enthusiastic.

Finally, we reached the harbour. Before I stepped into the boat, I went to the toilet first. Haha, Kondo san too. Well, it's very inconvenient for female to fish. Male will just settled it on the boat. The weather was good with clear blue sky.
blue sky and blue sea (so beautiful!)
boats parked along the seaside
Kondo san's mother taught me how to hold the fishing rod and how to hook the worm on the fishing hook. Well, it's quite disgusting, the worms kept moving around the fingers. But, finally I made it. Yeah!!!!
baits (worms)
Initially, I thought that I had to hold the fishing rod still, however, I couldn't get even one fish with that method. After that, they taught me to have a little bit of vertical movement. After I moved the fishing rod a little bit, I started to get fish, I think I got more than ten fish. Hahaha! Although all were small fish, I was very proud with myself.
Put the caught fish into the plastic box
We got a few puffer fish too. Well, after got the hook out, we threw the puffer fish back to the sea. It's very cute from the picture, however puffer fish is a very fierce fish. Quite scary!
Puffer Fish 河豚
We had lunch on the boat too. We had very delicious onigiri おにぎり and fried chicken 唐揚げ. Japanese fried chicken is very delicious, personally, I think it's much better than KFC.
Price list for fishing
After fishing, we went to the Kondo san's family house. Her sister in law helped to clean the fish guts. When Kondo senior knew that I didn't know how to gut a fish, he asked me to learn, ahhhhh, finally, I know how to gut a fish. 

Since we had many fish, we had Kisu sashimi, well, it's not suitable to eat raw, too bland. Anyway, each of us took home a big bag of kisu. Kondo's family was very kind, when Kondo san sent us back, her niece and nephew sent us until another road corner (Kondo san said it's a second bye bye spot, the first bye bye spot is in front of the house)and bye bye with us. So cute!

It's a very fun experience!

キス魚 photo from (http://foodslink.jp/syokuzaihyakka/syun/fish/kisu.htm)
Kisu is quite small, so for a single meal, I fried four fish. It's nice when fried, very crunchy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment