Tuesday 5 June 2012

The World's first Instant Noodle - Nissin Chicken Ramen 日清チキンラーメン

After I visited Instant Noodle Museum in Osaka, I always wanted to try the Chicken Ramen Instant Noodle by Nissin. After all, this was the world's first instant noodle. However, the one I saw was sold in 5 packs per set. So, I finally bought it when I saw individual packet for sell in a supermarket here. It cost 80 yen per packet.

Below shows a video for a commercial of the Nisshin Chicken Ramen back in the old days. Kind of funny!

The below video is for a newer commercial for Nisshin Chicken Ramen.
(One of the cute commercials for the chicken ramen)

When I opened it, kind of surprise to find out that there are no small packet of flavourings (normally come with the instant noodle), then I remembered that my friend told me that while the noodle was boiled in the water, it will release flavouring. So, I just boiled a pot of water, then add in the noodle when the water was boiled. Luckily, it really got taste. I don't think I can eat pure noodle only! It was not so heavenly nice, but OK. 

Finally, I have eaten the ancestor of instant noodle, yeah!
the packaging for the Chicken Ramen
surprise! no small packet of flavourings!
I did not add anything! Just the pure original Chicken Ramen

No comments:

Post a Comment