Wednesday 27 June 2012

Hitoyoshi Steam Locomotive SL人吉



Finally saw a steam locomotive in action when I waited for the train to back to Kumamoto Station 熊本駅 in Kawashiri station 川尻駅.

Normally, I could just catch a glimpse of this in the Kumamoto station when it stopped. I was so excited when I heard the sound of the engine, I quickly switch on my camera video mode and start to take the video as soon as I could see the train.


SL Hitoyoshi SL人吉

the steam locomotive stopping at the Kumamoto Station

SL Hitoyoshi SL人吉
finally see all those copper pipes for a steam locomotive
interior and exterior of SL Hitoyoshi

From the JR Kyushu website, the train has more than 100 years history already, it was being displayed in museum once, then it was restored to its former glory and began its operation between Kumamoto 熊本and Hitoyoshi 人吉. I have never ride on the steam locomotive, but I had rode the express train from Kumamoto to Hitoyoshi, the view right before reaching Hitoyoshi Station was awesome!
this was just after rain, so the water's colour was murky.
when the water was crystal clear, the mountain image would be reflected on the water surface, it was so nice!

on the way to Hitoyoshi

No comments:

Post a Comment