Monday 20 June 2011

'Through the Looking Glass' by Lewis Carroll

a classic
I have never read Alice in Wonderland although it is a famous classic. However, when I came across this book, a sequel to that. I think 'Hey, this is so cheap, why don't I just buy it and give it a try'. I am always impressed with authors' imagination. How can they thought of something like this, so out of the world. My paternal grandfather always said that 'zo hee xiao, kua hee gong' (those who act is crazy, those who watch it is stupid in Hokkien dialect). However, like a good drama, a good book can catch one breath, and fell into it. I like all sorts of books, from fiction to non-fiction. Non-fiction is facts, while fiction, those authors are great, from thought inside the mind, they weaved it into a story, it is a hard work. For a story like this, it must have coming from someone who is very imaginative and original. Now, Lewis Carroll is one of my favourite author too!

No comments:

Post a Comment