Monday 31 March 2014

Mind Boggling Stuffs I Bought From Japan

Well, it's normal to buy stuffs during travel. I would buy things that I normally wouldn't buy when I was in a foreign land and I bought a lot of things that don't even make sense of myself. I bought a lot of accessories in Japan, the problem is I don't wear accessories, I don't even use key chain, I only use a ring to hold all my keys. Now, all of these accessories are wrapped in a plastic bag and kept under my bed, I will occasionally take it  out to admire before putting it back. Hahaha!

I got the below accessories, brooches and key chains in a shop in Kobe, it was having sales! I think every simple piece cost 500 yen, since it looks cute and not so expensive (I was earning in Japanese yen then), I bought all that! 
accessories
brooches
key chains
I bought 3 pairs of glass blown necklace from Suizenji Temple in Kumamoto. During that time, somehow I was so mesmerized by the glass blowing technique and I just chose 3 necklaces and paid for it. There other 2 are still nicely packed inside the original wrapping paper, I took one out to take photo.
glass blown necklace
In Okinawa International Street, I was attracted to sales again! I bought 3 necklaces and a bracelet. If it was not on sales, I don't think I will buy it at all.
accessories
I bought these 3 Indian style hand held mirror when I was walking around in a mall. It is still nicely packed!
hand held mirror (Indian style)
Other than the accessories, I bought travel related stuffs too and it is also hidden under my bed. Ouch!
Lion figurines from Okinawa
Initially, I just inserted coins and tuned the Gashapon located in the tourist attractions to get something as a souvenir. I stopped after I got the one I liked the least many times. It became easier to just buy the one I like directly from the souvenir shop. 
Gashapon (capsule that contains travel memorabilia)
a piece of wood?! from Yakushima
I resisted to buy doll when my travel mates were buying lots of them. I felt that was very unnecessary. Then, some of them said that it will make a great gift for weddings, house warming, etc. So, I bought 2. I already gave one to my friend as her wedding present. The other one still in the box because my mom forbade it to be displayed inside the house. She thinks that it is quite creepy to have a doll like that in the house. 
a toy dressed in Japanese traditional wear
I should have make a memorabilia coin in Kumamoto Castle instead of Gosho Aoyama Manga factory. Huh! 
A memorabilia coin from the Museum of author of Conan Detective 
Others were souvenirs for me to remember a place.
a pin from Hamamatsu Matsuri
a pin from Sakaiminato
a turtle made of shells
volcano ash from Sakurajima
magnet from Yamaguchi
magnet from Miyajima
I bought stuffs for nostalgic reason sometimes. Nowadays, it is very difficult to find wind up toys, so I bought 5 piece of wind up toys in Kawaguchiko.
wind up toys
wind up robot
Then, there are some useful purchases too. I Like the deer skin pouch I bought for my mom. It is a fine piece of work, so detailed artwork.
deer skin pouch from Miyajima
Other than that, handheld mirror and tissue holder with Japanese motives from Daiso are good buy too. The plus point is it is only 105 yen plus tax. I use the tissue holder to keep my panty liner or sanitary napkins.
a set of hand held mirror and a cover (from Daiso)
tissue holder (from Daiso)
Ahhh, I have to control myself for future trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment