Monday 2 December 2013

Sony E-Book Reader

I like books and I like the feeling of it. Until now I cannot understand why I bought the E-Book reader in the first place. I bought this pink E-Book with discounts, I think I paid 10000 yen for this. After I got this, I went to the Project Gutenberg website to download many ebooks (since it's free)! I forgot how many ebooks I downloaded, but the only ebook I ever finished reading was Grimm's Fairy Tales. Then, I read a page or two from many other ebooks. Then, I just left it in the box, not even bother to take it out.

Luckily, it got a second life when my brother needed something to read his PDF course materials. He grew tired with looking at the computer screen whole day. So, I gladly gave away the E-Book Reader. The funny thing is until my brother played with the E-Book reader, I didn't know that the operating language can be changed to English, I just lived with the original setting.

Although this E-Book reader is able to show English (of course!) and Japanese (bought this in Japan) characters. I couldn't get it to show Chinese characters! Googling around the web didn't help too, some suggested to turn the file into PDF file because it can show everything on a PDF file. Another problem popped out, I used open office then, the Writer couldn't display Chinese fonts too! So, I couldn't convert the file into PDF file! I am never good in this kind of thing, I just give up. I can always read with a PC.

Other than that, actually it's a pretty decent E-Book Reader, smartphone and notepad tend to be too glaring, reading on this Reader will not put too much strain on the eyes. So, it's still ok. Plus, the battery life is much better than any smartphone and notepad on the market. Not sure with other E-Book Reader though.
Sony E-Book Reader
Sony E-Book Reader
Another good feature is the charger hole is compatible with other Android smartphone (at least I can use my HTC charger and my brother's Samsung charger), less charger to bring when travelling.
Sony E-Book Reader
Sony E-Book Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment