Sunday 22 December 2013

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

I have been quite productive this month, I finished two books already!(´・ω・`)
Angels and Demons
The first book I read from Dan Brown was Deception Point, it's very interesting and engaging, I finished it in a very short span of time. So, I was looking forward to The Da Vinci Code (it was very popular that time), however I was disappointed with it, it was too hyped up by the media, so I didn't even watch the movie.

Then, when I saw this book in The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale, I hesitated a bit, to buy or not to buy. Finally, I bought it because it's just RM8, if it's not that interesting, I wouldn't lose much. Luckily, this "Angels & Demons" is much more better than "The Da Vinci Code" (in my opinion!). 

Like Deception Point, the most impossible person was the villain. I kept guessing who was the mastermind of the killings. When I read until around seventy five percent of the book, I had to go to bed because it's around 12 pm and I had to go to work the next day, however I really wanted to know the real identity of the bad guy, so I turn to last forty pages and read from there. Knowing the conclusion, I went to sleep satisfied.

Well, after that, I used a longer time to finish the remaining unread portion. I already knew the end, but I still need to details, so I read on and off and I finished everything. Yeah!

A professor on symbology from Harvard, Robert Langdon was called to CERN to help identified a symbol (Illuminati) marked on a murdered scientist. Then, the director of CERN, the daughter of the murdered scientist (Vittoria) and Langdon found out that a canister of antimatter was stolen. So, Vittoria and Langdon went to Vatican City to find the canister after getting some information from the Vatican City. In the Vatican City, the church was trying to select the new Pope and all the preferred candidates were kidnapped. So, Langdon had to use his knowledge on the Illuminati to find the missing cardinals, the canister full of antimatter and the mastermind of the the evil killings before everyone and everything got blown up. The whole book was very intense from the beginning, it stretches just for a few days, it's non stop action, not even a moment for rest. It's climax from beginning to end! Well, at the end, many people died and the Director of CERN was suspected of behind all these. Luckily, Langdon listened to the recording between Director of CERN and the mastermind (Camerlengo) and found out the truth. The Camerlengo set everything up! After being exposed and learned the truth about his father, the Camerlengo committed suicide and things began to return to normal. Of course, the hero and heroine became a couple at the end.

Apart from the engaging storyline, this book talks about arts and science too! Michelangelo, Bertini, CERN, antimatter, particle accelerator, etc. I only knew the existence of CERN after the discovery of Higgs Boson particle in 2012, so interesting!♥

No comments:

Post a Comment