Sunday 7 July 2013

Stardust vs Stardust

I like Stardust. However, I don't like the Stardust (movie version). So disappointed with the way it is rewritten for the screenplay. I think it is being sanitized. Luckily I watched it on TV, if I watched it in the cinema, I would feel so sorry for the money spent on the movie ticket.

Part Book  Movie
The final The Star was immortal and couldn't have children, at the end of the book, Tristran died and the star was left alone. However, in the movie version, they had children and live happily ever after.
The 3 witches In the novel, when The Witch Queen finally caught up with The Star, she realized that she couldn't take her heart because her heart belonged to Tristran (well, it means that she fall in love with him, kind of romantic) In the movie version, it became a chaos, the witches tried to get The Star's heart even after she fall in love. This part was so unbearable to watch.
Victoria  She married Mr. Monday (Tristran's boss, not so young) and thus helped to free Lady Una. She looks like a ××○○. 

Another part is about Tristran's father, he did not wait for Lady Una, he married another girl and Tristran had a stepmother! There are other things that I don't like, but I have forgotten some details. I wanted to write this after I watched the movie, but I procrastinated. Ahhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment