Sunday 7 July 2013

Genuine Lies by Nora Roberts

Ah, it has been sometime since I last posted about book. I got busy after coming back to Malaysia, and since I drive to work every working days, I don't read anymore during the time commuting to work. The precious time is wasted on staying alert on road and bracing for the traffic jam.

During weekends, I am more interested to catch up with the dramas, tv series, etc. So, it took me 3 months to finish this book. Another reason was on the half way through the book, I read the final chapter! Hahaha! Anyway, finally, I finished this book, yeah!
Genuine Lies by Nora Roberts (I like the dress!)
synopsis of the novel on the back cover
Well, it tells of a famous actress Eve Benedict who wanted to come out with her own autobiography, so she engaged a writer, Julia Summers to write it on her behalf. Then, Julia met Eve's stepson, Paul and fall in love with him. Since Eve wanted to tell an honest tale about herself, her stories and those of her acquaintances, friends, enemies, etc would be exposed too. So, many people tried to prevent and sabotage the birth of that book. In the process, Julia knew more and more about Eve. Then, Eve told her the biggest secret, Julia is actually Eve biological daughter. Then, before Julia could accept that fact, Eve was killed and Julia became the prime suspect. Then, after some anxious moments, they found a key witness and Julia was cleared. Happy endings for Julia and Paul!

Hahaha, 406 pages summarized into one paragraph. I think the story is quite long winded, but good for bed time reading, with no tension and stress. Anyway, I won't re-read this book.

Then end!

No comments:

Post a Comment