Sunday 21 February 2016

Hand Creams (Fascy Moisture Bomb Hand Cream - Milk, NARUKO Peptide Nourishing & Smoothing Hand Cream, Holika Holika The Moment Perfume Hand Cream - Cotton Bebe)

Before I went to Japan, hand cream was something alien to me. However, after I went there and experienced winter, my hands started to dry out, I never had chipped hands though! Touch wood! I started with Nivea Soft and I only applied it when I remembered. Compared to the body lotion that I applied diligently, hand cream was not a must-have for me. Sometimes, I just use the body lotion on my hands.

However, strangely, I started to like applying hand cream on my hands after I came back to Malaysia. Maybe it's due to the scent! Hahaha! So I started to buy and use it. I don't consider myself a hand creams hoarder because currently I only have 3 tubes. I put one in office, and two for rotating use at home. It's not much actually. Hahaha!

All three are affordable hand creams priced less than RM20 each, very tempted to buy the raved L'Occitane hand cream but couldn't justify the price tag. All three are from different brands and my first from each brands.

1. Holika Holika The Moment Perfume Hand Cream - Cotton Bebe 30ml
2. NARUKO Peptide Nourishing & Smoothing Hand Cream 胜肽滋養抗皺護手霜 30g
3. Fascy Moisture Bomb Hand Cream - Milk 80ml
my current hand creams
For these hand creams, I have no idea whether it moisturised my hands or not. For body lotion, I can tell whether one body lotion is good for not by whether my body is itchy or not after I applied the body lotion. For hand creams, I don't know. But if I applied hand cream on my hands before I wear gloves (work requirement), I found out that my hands would sweat less and it made me more comfortable. So, that is my excuse to buy hand creams.

For the hand cream, apart from the price, I didn't normally care about the design of the squeeze tube. I did care about the price per volume though. Among the three hand creams, the Fascy Moisture Bomb Hand Cream is the cheapest per volume wise. Even among the same brand, a bigger tube is much cheaper too. For example, for The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream, a 30ml is RM25, while a 100ml tube is RM59. So, for the 30ml tube, the price per ml is RM0.83. Whereas for the 100ml tube, the price per ml is RM0.59. The price differences is around 41%!

However, come to think of it, usage wise, it might be not that cheap for buying a bigger tube. I mean, for a bigger tube, normally the nozzle hole size would be bigger too. Plus, the bigger tube is bigger in cross section wise. So, for an even force squeezing, the bigger hole type would dispense more than the smaller hole type. Even if the user is very careful with the dispensing, what if the user grew out of love before the product is finished? It would be a waste.

I never thought about this until I squeezed too much hand cream out of this Fascy Moisture Bomb, I had to spend some time to massage to make it gone (adsorbed into the skin). Then, I thought about the Narujo Peptide Nourishing & Smoothing Hand Cream. The nozzle hole is very small, so no worry on over dispensing the cream.
nozzle design of the hand creams
Of the three hand creams (picture below), both the Fascy (from the left) and Holika Holika (from the right) have short and big nozzle holes. For the Naruko (centre), it has small and narrow nozzle hole.
nozzle hole of the hand cream tubes
Picture below shows the dispensing volume for the hand creams. The Fascy gave a tadpole shape (maybe the tube is half used already, I didn't recall the shape when it was full), the Naruko gave a thin earthworm shape and the Holika Holika gave a fat and short tube shape. Interesting! No wonder there's a need for industrial design courses.
dispensing volume of the hand creams
My thought on the hand creams

1. Holika Holika The Moment Perfume Hand Cream - Cotton Bebe 30ml
This is a decent hand cream, not greasy and the scent is pleasant enough for me. On the tube, there's a description on the scent "Perfumed hand cream cuddled up with a note of musk". The packaging is silver colour with lots of cotton flower, kind of cute. 

2. NARUKO Peptide Nourishing & Smoothing Hand Cream 胜肽滋養抗皺護手霜 30g
Apart from the small dispensing hole, I think this tube will be the last tube to finish among all of the hand creams because the scent is a bit strange. It is not a foul smelling cream, just not to my liking. It's better if this is unscented. The packaging is not fancy and it directly uses "peptide 胜肽" for the product name, like the Mario Badescu’s Peptide Renewal Cream. I didn't know whether it's the peptide which gives the weird scent or it's something else, and I don't know it's a marketing gimmick or not. To me, peptide in skin care is like collagen drink, I don't really trust it, but I am willing to try it.

3. Fascy Moisture Bomb Hand Cream - Milk 80ml
The most colourful packaging among all the three hand creams. It also has a bright orange twist cap. I am ok with the scent. Quite easy to spread out too. I think I will not buy a big tube like this anymore, unless it's really cheap. 

For the hand creams, all three have quite long use by date. Only the Fascy expiry date is on the front, Naruko and Holika Holika is on the back. Naruko expiry date is printed, whereas the other two are embossed type on the tube end. I am pretty confident I can finish all before expiry date and buy more hand creams to try. Hehehe!
expiry date location

Happy applying hand cream! 

1 comment:

  1. De novo design is an attractive approach for constructing designed peptides with predetermined structures and functions. Creative Peptides provides de novo design related services for peptides engineering, De novo Peptide Design

    ReplyDelete