Sunday 10 August 2014

Dates

During the month of Ramadan, there were many advertisements on dates on the radio station. So, I kept hearing the name of the brand "Yusuf Taiyoob, Yusuf Taiyoob ....." everytime I tuned to the radio station. Well, after some time, I guessed the advertisement worked, when I saw the Yusuf Taiyoob dates in supermarket, I bought one packet. 

Normally, I only eat dates during Chinese New Year because that was the only time where my family bought many kinds of dates (red dates, black dates, etc) for praying. This Safina dates was very different in terms of taste, texture and size.


The first thing I noticed was this dates was longer and fuller than the one I usually eat. These dates were juicier because it was not fully dried, I think the smell was around the same though, not bad, a good snack. 
Safina Dates
Nutrition facts of the dates
I only realised the need to put the dates in refrigerator after I almost finished up the dates, however the dates never tasted weird, so I think it's ok to be stored in room temperature. Hahaha!
the dates came from Tunisia
transfer the dates to a plastic container
long juicy dates

No comments:

Post a Comment