Sunday 17 August 2014

Cafe 1986

26th July 2014

Me and a few friends were not able to meet up during Chinese New Year, so for the Hari Raya Holiday, we finally made a plan to meet up. Initially, we planned to go to Pavillion or One City, however decided to just choose a cafe nearer to home because we just needed a place to eat and talk. A friend suggested Cafe 1986, since no objection, Cafe 1986 it is. 

Before I left for the place, I googled and searched Cafe 1984, and the top results were all related to George Orwell's 1984. Hahaha, I typed wrongly, it should be Cafe 1986. I guessed the Cafe 1986 came from the year the owner was born. Anyway, if the owner put named his cafe as Cafe 1984, I am pretty sure it won't show up in the first 10 or 20 pages in Google Search.



Anyway, the Cafe 1986 was located opposite the Aeon Bukit Tinggi, I didn't feel like driving, so I took bus from Banting to Bukit Tinggi. I was lucky, when I reached bus station, a bus to Klang was going to leave the bus station, so I didn't have to wait. The gripe I have on public transport is the punctuality, it depends on luck everytime whether the bus will leave and reach on time or not. To be fair, the morning bus is quite punctual most of the time, at least it get the commuters to the work place on time. After the morning session, the bus services become erratic. I once waited for two hours for a bus to Kuala Lumpur from Banting (the frequency is supposed to be 30 minutes). For me, it is ok to have lower frequency bus services during non-peak hour, as long as it follows the schedule, people will and can make adjustments to the time table, instead of waiting aimlessly or anxiously for the bus to show up. Anyway, although the bus was not full when I boarded, by the time it passed by Jenjarom, the bus was packed to the brim. Everybody must be waited for the bus for a long time, if the bus frequency was higher, the bus won't be that full.

Reached Bukit Tinggi in less than an hour. Since the time was still early, I decided to window shop in Aeon first. The next two day would be Hari Raya, so the shopping mall was very crowded too. I just went to Daiso. I kept counting the exchange rate from yen to RM, so ended up with nothing. Daiso items are more expensive in Malaysia than in Japan by around 30%.

Then, time to meet with my friends. I crossed the main road to Cafe 1986. The shop was located on the first floor and has some security features, the door will only open by someone upstairs after someone pressed the doorbell at ground floor. On first floor, other than Cafe 1986, there's a nail salon.

The Cafe 1986 decoration was quite cosy, homey and DIY style. The were indoor and outdoor tables. The outdoor tables were smoking area, I think. Anyway, I ordered Popeye Spaghetti and black coffee. Two other friends ordered spaghetti too, one friend ordered the cafe's speciality burger.

The presentation of the popeye spaghetti was beautiful, ham was arranged together with seaweed and shaped like flower. Although the visual was nice, I didn't really like the taste of popeye spaghetti, but my friends tasted it and they like it. The friend who ordered burger even used the spinach sauce as a dip for the burger. One thing though, after awhile, the seaweed couldn't maintain the shape and from a lively flower, it would become wilted flower. So, better eat it fast. The black coffee was ok. Overall, the environment was nice for chatting.
Popeye Spaghetti
After we finished our main course, time for dessert, we ordered two pieces of cake to share. It is not bad, but not great also. We would continue to talk if the haze condition didn't suddenly became so bad that my eyes started to get watery. So, we decided to end our gathering. Ah, it's so nice to meet with good friends, although we haven't met for a long time, we never ran out of topics to talk. 

The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment