Thursday 12 September 2013

Praying for Success in Exam

Exams are big in Asia. In Japan, temples or shrines make big bucks just by offering prayers and charms to the students. In any shrines in Japan, I think we can find a lot of charms (not free, of course!), ranging from safety, love, good luck, exam, etc. Well, hard work is necessary, but sometimes, luck is important. (^^♪

Train stations also offered this kind of services for exam candidates, I saw the notice in Kumamoto Station 熊本駅 and Nakatsu Station中津駅. I was kind of in awe when I noticed that!

The photo below shows a notice for exam candidates in Nakatsu Station. The notice was about the handling out of amulets that have been blessed in a local shrine. That's sweet! Sometimes, holding this kind of amulets make people calmer, less anxious, especially during exam time.  
合格祈願
Another notice in Kumamoto Station, they offered 'tickets' for exam candidates, according to Asahi Shinbun, for Kagoshima line, from Kumamoto 熊本 to Kamikumamoto 上熊本, it's up '上り', so the results would be 'up' too. Interesting! 
合格祈願(さくら39号運転中!!)
Anyway, have to confess here, I failed my driving test in Japan for three times before I passed the exam. After the third fail, my colleague got me a amulet from a temple for good luck. Somehow, I aced it on the forth attempt! Mmmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment