Sunday 11 November 2012

Persimmon tree

Persimmon was considered an expensive fruit in Malaysia. So, my mother would only buy it during Chinese New Year and it was an item on the prayer list for the prayer on the Chinese New Year eve. Since I did not get much chances to eat this fruit, I will buy whenever I saw this in Japan. In Japan, I have seen 3 types of persimmon. One is the normal orange hard type, one is in green colour (the texture almost same with the orange type, but taste different) and one in reddish orange (very soft in texture, found in Kawaguchiko). I am ok with the hard type only, the soft type is kinda "soft"! Have to eat with a spoon!

Although I like persimmon for a long time, I did not know how it looks like. A house near my apartment has a tree, when it started to bear fruits, I thought it was mikan (蜜柑, a kind of citrus fruit, orange in colour too). So, I was surprised that it turned out to be persimmon! It looked so inviting and I were very very tempted to pluck it. However, finally I bought some from supermarket to satisfy my craving. Hahahah!

A persimmon tree near my apartment
a green skin persimmon and the persimmon cut into pieces (bought from a stall in Takachiho)

No comments:

Post a Comment