Sunday 28 June 2015

Taiwan 11 Days Trip (9) - Taichung & Changhua Part 4

21st November 2014

When me and CY were on the way back to Taichung City, we passed by yet another park with many teddy bears, so we stopped at the place. It's near the CMP Block Museum of Arts. Since CY already bought a bento, we decided to have our lunch in the park separately and gathered after that. I bought a bento from a convenience shop nearby and just found a spot and ate my lunch there. Well, for few days straight, I was finally alone for almost an hour in a foreign land. It was quite refreshing. Hahaha, After finished up my bento, I walked around the park, snapping photos of the teddy bears. The park is called Calligraphy Greenway 草悟道廣場. The Chinese name is more zen than the English name.  
CMP Block Museum of Arts 勤美術館
The day view and night view of the teddy bears were different, more on the feeling though. The teddy bears during the day were more sunny and happy looking, more approachable. Sounds silly, right? Anyway, this Calligraphy Greenway was very green, it was lined with trees, so it was quite shady, good for walking around.
Teddy Bears in Calligraphy Greenway
Teddy Bears in Calligraphy Greenway
Teddy Bears in Calligraphy Greenway
Below teddy bears set was from McDonald's and across the street was a McDonald's. I think McDonald's paid good money for this spot. 
Teddy Bears in Calligraphy Greenway
The cars were found near the museum. I always wondered how the cars were half buried in the ground and the steel surfaces were covered with nice shade of grass. Very tempted to touch the grass on top of the car. 
cars half buried in the ground and covered with grass
After teddy bears, we walked towards a place where many people stopped to take photos. There's a sign on a tree, which was a sign for the activity "ㄟ!我為你許了個願 Yeah, I wish a wish for you". It's an activity by the CMP Block Museum of Arts, if I remember correctly, one paid 200 TWD and chose a characteristic randomly. After that, one wrote the wishes on a cup given by the organiser. Then, on an auspicious day (I think during Chinese New Year), they will put a candle inside the cup and light up. It would involve many cups with the wishes written on it. Below was the image for the light up event in a shoe box theatre. The theory was when one wished for something, it became more powerful when more people pray or wished together. So, with so many wishes (the cups), it would be arranged according to the image below and when people visited the place, the wishes became more powerful (The word the organiser used was "集气"). Well, that's my understanding anyway.
image of the light up event
The characteristic was the trait that one lack of. I randomly picked and I got "courage". Well, I do think that 'courage" is one of the things that I need, I need the confidence. Hahaha. Me and CY got different characteristics, so we went to the separate characteristic house to write on our cups. I went to the 'courage' house to work on my cup. I am not good on drawings. So, I just simple stuck the stickers to the cup, drew some simple things, wrote some words on it. Then, I found CY and we went to the meeting place. In the room, the organizer gave us a board each and asked us to form the words we wanted, we would use the board to take photo to make postcard later. I chose "courage" and "freedom" and stuck it to the board. Then, after our photos were taken and postcard given to us, we left to go back to Taichung Station. Actually, the cup was meant to be collected by the individual after the light up event, however, since we were not locals, I guessed now after the event, our cups were thrown to the dustbin after we didn't show up to claim it for a period of time.  
I wish a wish for you (ㄟ!我為你許了個願)
the 'courage' house
After some artsy activity, we went to the Miyahara Ophthalmology Department 宮原眼科. It was a eye clinic. Now, it's a huge, very fancy looking souvenir shop. For the same item, the one with this Miyahara brand was more expensive, but the packaging was way more beautiful then others. Many people came for ice cream, but we had dessert and coffee instead. Well, the toilet here was very fancy too. Hahhahah! It's weird that the name in English followed the Japanese pronunciation though.
Miyahara Ophthalmology Department 宮原眼科
Miyahara Ophthalmology Department 宮原眼科
Coffee time in Miyahara Ophthalmology Department
The souvenirs I bought from Miyahara Ophthalmology Dept, very beautiful packaging
For the souvenir that packaged like book, inside was sweets packaged in individual wrapper with Hokkien idioms
The souvenirs even have a desiccant indictor
After that, we went to the hotel to claim our luggages and hurried to the train station to buy train tickets to Taipei. Since the museum was not in our initial itinerary and we spent time there, we were late, the train ticket to Taipei sold out, well the seats sold out, but we bought the ticket anyhow. Well, I didn't know the train seat system works in Taiwan, initially I just stood on the train, but after awhile, I felt so tired, and I just sat at one of the seats without any passengers. Well, until Taipei, no one claimed the seat, some other seats were claimed by the actual ticket holders along the way though. I wondered why I couldn't buy any seats earlier.

There're still many places I didn't go in Taichung. If I have a chance to come to Taiwan again, I will tour Taichung again. 

Day 1: Reached Taiwan
Day 2: Fenqihu
Day 3: Alishan 
Day 4: Sun Moon Lake
Day 5: Cingjing
Day 6 & 7: Taichung & Changhua (1, 2, 3, 4)
Day 8: Taipei
Day 9: Taipei
Day 10: Taipei
Day 11: Home

No comments:

Post a Comment