Monday 22 June 2015

Taiwan 11 Days Trip (8) - Taichung & Changhua Part 3 (Rainbow Village)

21st November 2014

On that day morning, me and CY took a very long bus ride to Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村. Not many public buses from Taichung pass the area. So, timing is very important if one wants to take public transport. We followed the Taichung Travel website's instructions, we got off the 干城六村 stop, then we were lost, we couldn't find a sign to this Rainbow Village, there was a bus nearby, so I went to ask for directions, too bad the bus driver was not a local too. Then we slowly walked towards the Ling Tung University. Luckily, we saw a place at other side where there's a crowd there, it's the Rainbow Village. Hahaha!

Rainbow Village is a residential village for the retired army officers and their families. The name came after a resident there started to paint the wall there with vivid and colourful things. I am not someone who can appreciate fine arts, I never understand the abstract drawings, if it's a scenery, portrait, animals, etc, then I know what I am looking at. If it's just a few strokes of random colours, then I don't know what I am supposed to feel.
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
I like the paintings in Rainbow Village though. It's very colourful. I was happy looking at that, somehow I felt it cheered people up. Recently I watched "Big eyes", a movie about an artist who speciality was to draw portrait of children with big eyes. The drawings in Rainbow Village is as distinctive as the big eyes portrait. I took many photos.
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
I bought a postcard with image like below drawing and sent to myself. Now the postcard is on my living room wall as a decoration. The painter, the Rainbow Grandpa and his family members had a stall there to sell Rainbow Village themed postcard, T-shirts, etc. The baby T-shirt was especially cute. Too bad I am still single, hahaha!
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Below drawing shows the Jeremy Lin of the Linsanity, a basketball legend on the right.
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Others were paintings on normal things, like wishing everybody in good health, safe, get rich, etc.
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
There was an artist who wore very colourful clothes (matching with the Rainbow Village Walls) there. He took photos with many tourists there, I am not sure it's free or not though. It's hard work standing under the sun covered from head to toe.
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
Outside the rainbow village, there's a small park. The "Rainbow Village ness" was not so evident here. Well, after a feast of colour, It's quite good for the eyes to see some plainer view.
Rainbow Village 彩虹眷村
I forgot how long we spent the time in Rainbow Village, but I do remember that we spent hours waiting for the bus to go back to Taichung Station. Apparently, the bus we took earlier didn't pass by the opposite direction bus stop to go back to the main station. At this particular stop, it's like a loop bus, it will pass the bus stop one time and then directly return to the Taichung Station, we waited at the wrong side and missed the bus. Well, after a while, we felt strange and ran over to the opposite bus stop, read the bus schedule and realised we  have misunderstood the bus route. Another tourist who took public bus saw us, and we decided to walk over to the main bus stop of the Lin Tung University and waited for the bus. Well, the bus frequency to Lin Tung University is higher, if one really wanted to go to Rainbow Village and didn't mind a little walk, one should just checked the schedule to Lin Tung University. 

Anyway, since we missed the bus and CY became hungry, she decided to buy a bento at the food stall outside the university. Well, there are many eateries outside the university, the prices and varieties were not bad too.  However, I was too tired and had no appetite, so I didn't buy there. We waited for the bus to Taichung Station and boarded it. Finally!

Day 1: Reached Taiwan
Day 2: Fenqihu
Day 3: Alishan 
Day 4: Sun Moon Lake
Day 5: Cingjing
Day 6 & 7: Taichung & Changhua (1, 2, 3, 4)
Day 8: Taipei
Day 9: Taipei
Day 10: Taipei
Day 11: Home

No comments:

Post a Comment