Friday 6 June 2014

The Miracle at Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith

My first book on "THE NO.1 LADIES' DETECTIVE AGENCY". Well, this book was not Agatha Christie and Conan Doyle. But it gave me warmth and I felt happy reading it.

I had a three days training course in Cyberjaya from Tuesday. I hate traffic jams, so I left the house early and reached the training centre early in the morning. In fact, my car was the first car on the parking area. So, I sat in the car and read.

In this detective story, there were no speedy car chase, violence, high tech spying technology, science of deduction. In this series, the lady detective, Mma Ramotswe and her assistant Mma Makutsi didn't handle huge big cases, but they did help their customers. I like the way the office habit was portrayed in the story, a hot cup of tea every morning, every occasions, sad or happy. Well, coffee or tea are playing a big part in office politics anywhere, I think.


In this book, a woman who believed she was adopted came to Mma Ramotswe to find her true family. At the end, Mma Ramotswe found her a husband after some mix-up, well, husband is family too. And Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi also forgave the person who wrote threatening letter to them. That's very sweet. There were many light and funny moments. The good thing about this book was that I didn't feel heavy hearted after I read this, a Agatha Christie or Conan Doyle would definitely cause a little bit of depressive feeling.

A nice book!
The colourful cover of "The Miracle at Speedy Motors"
Synopsis of "The Miracle at Speedy Motors"

No comments:

Post a Comment