Sunday 23 June 2013

Supermoon 23rd June 2013

When I send my brother to his friend's house, I noticed the moon is very round and big. Then, I remembered that the newspaper reported that on 22nd and 23rd June, the full moon is the closest and largest full moon of 2013. Luckily the haze condition is not so serious tonight and I could see the moon, it was kind of dreamy (I think it is aided by the haze too!). The only minus point is that the air is reeking of burnt smell from the haze. Ah, I miss the fresh air. I hope that heavy rain will come and wash away all the haze. Praying!
Closest and largest full moon of 2013 (taken using my phone, so blur and small!)
this photo is taken from "http://earthsky.org/tonight/is-biggest-and-closest-full-moon-on-june-23-2013-a-supermoon"
From the earthsky website, I know more tidbits about full moon. So interesting! However, I didn't find it interesting during primary school. I had a hard time remembering the movements of earth, moon and sun. Now, I don't need to go for exams, but I like to read these kind of astronomy stuffs. Hahaha!

*learnt a new word today, "perigee moon" means the moon’s closest point to Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment