Monday 1 July 2024

Washing Machine Cleaning with Cosway PowerMax Wash Drum Cleaner

I didn't start to use washing machine until I was in my 20s. Prior to that, it was all hand washing. My mom had the theory that clothes washed using washing machine is not clean. However, I started to use washing machine in my rented place, it came with washing machine. And I can never go back to hand washing again. For two years, I never washed the washing machine. Until I moved to a house where I had 4 housemates. 

One night I wanted to do laundry and the washing machine drum is filled with disgusting black gooey water and I thought the incoming water supply got issue, so I opened up the hose to release all the waters, still the black gooey thingy not going away, I was alone that time, so I actually filled up water using bucket to clean it. So stupid of me! I was busy for around one hour and finally one of my housemates came back and he mentioned that he was actually doing the washing machine cleaning using washing machine tablet. That is the first time I knew that the washing machine can be so dirty. After that, I actually contribute my portion for the washing machine cleaning agent too!

Fast forward to few years later, I got my own house and bought my very first washing machine. Even my mom bought one for herself too, getting older helps to make the decision. After using the washing machine for quite a long time, I remembered washing machine needs cleaning too. So, i surveyed for the washing machine cleaner. There are a lot of cleaning agents out there. After some considerations, and someone mentioned to me that she likes Cosway product, I decided to buy this "Cosway PowerMax Wash Drum Cleaner". Another factor that helps to make the decision was there are lots of youtube video on this product.

Anyway, I used it on my Beko top load washing machine and my mom's Samsung top load washing machine. 

For my Beko, there's a function called "tub clean", so after power on the washing machine, i just pushed the button for "tub clean" and the water start gushing out. 

Beko Machine machine
After the water level reached around the top level, I paused the action and poured whole packet of the wash drum cleaner into the washing machine. 
PowerMax Wash Drum Cleaner
I washed in youtube, some even added hot boiled water to the washing machine. So, I boiled a kettle of water and poured all in too. Then I started back the process. 
cleaning on going
I did this at night, main reason was to let the water mixed with the drum cleaner to rest in the drum overnight. I paused again and went to bed.
after one night, the water quite clear though
The next day, I went to check on the washing machine, compared to the first time when I saw the black gooey dirty water in my rented house washing machine (shared by 5 people, to be fair), I think my washing machine is quite clean. I did see some small sendiments. Nothing serious though. Then I run back the machine to complete the tub cleaning cycle. 

Finally, my washing machine is cleaned. I took out the filter to check and there were some brown colour sendiments that stuck to the wire mesh. I used a brush to clean it and I feel the area is cleaner. 
sendiments on the filter

interior after cleaning
Well, I am not the kind of person that want her laundry smell wonderfully, but I do scare of moldy smell. Anyway, job done and pat myself on the back.

For my mom's Samsung, instead of pouring during the cleaning process. I did that even before the cleaning process started. And I don't remember why I did that.
drum cleaner in before cleaning cycle start
For this samsung, the function is called "Eco tub clean". I also did this at night to let it rest overnight.
Eco tub clean
After the drum is filled with water, I paused and went to bed. And continued the next day. Well, compared to my Beko, my mom's samsung has more sendiments after cleaned, but no way like the one I saw in my rented house. I guessed due to we are not using softerner. 
icky filter after washing machine cleaning

small sendiments
That's all from me, and I hope all learn a little thing or two from this. Mold is not fun, cleaning is important!

No comments:

Post a Comment