Sunday 11 February 2018

Empties for 2017

I have been procrastinating for the past one year. I didn't read much, well, I read, but mostly the online novels. For others, I didn't have the motivation to do. Well, I have been keeping bottles of empties, so I told myself, before I finish typing this blog, I cannot dispose all those bottles, tubes, etc. It's really a burden to the eyes and to wean myself off the online novels.
Empties 2017
Well, below are my empties for 2017.

1. White Formula Super Moist Lotion with Hyaluronic Acid 白白肌ヒアルロン酸高保湿乳液
This is a very heavy moisturizer. Well, this is for normal to dry skin, I just didn't expect that it will be so moisturized. The texture is so creamy. However, I still mixed this with the Cosmoderm Vitamin E Oil, and I have to pat my face quite many times in order for this to be adsorbed. I think that this is a good moisturizer, I didn't experience any dryness on my face when I was still using this. The only thing I don't like about this is the smell, after applied on the face, I could still smell it for quite long. The time for acceptance for the smell was quite long for me.

This Super Moist lotion has 3 kinds of Hyaluronic Acid, macro (Sodium hyaluronate), micro (Hyalo-Oligo) and nano form (Syn-Hycan). I used a lot of products with Hyaluronic Acid lately. For this, although it is a Taiwanese brand, this is made in Korea.

2. Botaneco Garden Organic Trio Oil Body Lotion (Relaxing)
This is a brand from Guardian Pharmacy. And I really like this range, already repurchase a few times. This body lotion contains babassu oil, baobab oil and chufa oil. The smell comes from the essential oil of Lavender and Rosemary. For me, as long as I didn't feel itchy after I applied a body lotion, it is a good body lotion. I didn't feel itchy, so this is a good body lotion with great smell.

3. NARUKO Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX 
I lose count of how many bottles of this moisturizer that I finished. Although I strayed away to others, I always come back to this moisturizer.

4. Nature Republic Rose Real Nature Essence
I like the scent. The colour of the bottle is different from the previous Rose Real Nature Essence i bought. I think this essence can be used as moisturizer as well, this product touted wrinkle improving properties, well after patting, I felt that the skin absorbed it, but I didn't feel my wrinkles reducing, maybe need to use for a long period to see the result. Overall, moisturizing property ok.

5. Silk Fibro Lotion シルクフィブロローション
It's a very watery toner made from silk compound. I used this as my first toner. It's quite expensive for a toner. But I didn't experiences any discomfort when I was using this. A great toner for those who are お金持ち.

6. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion(Gokujyun) 肌研極潤スーパーヒアルロン液
Well, for me, I think the texture is quite thick. So, I use this after a more waterly toner. I used this as 2nd toner because of only one reason, it was quite expensive to be poured onto the cotton pad. If I didn't use cotton pad on the first step, I will fell that my skin care routine is incomplete. After I finished up this toner, I bought another premium version of Hada Labo Lotion, the texture is thicker. Overall, a good toner.

7. A'PIEU Good Night Water Sleeping Mask
Bought this partly for the design, it has Crayon ShinChan on the packaging. Actually not a fan of the anime. But, the design is so cute. It'a gel type mask and blue in colour. I don't mind the colour but not the smell. And I feel that it's a so so ok sleeping mask only, not great, but ok. Very high possibility not going to repurchase again, I feel that it didn't do any good to my skin.

8. Olay Total Effects 7 In One Day Dream (Normal) SPF 15
I tried this in a  pharmacy and I like the texture and I was not happy with my sunscreen that time, so I bought this. I am not sure this is a sunscreen or not, but it has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in the ingredients and the SPF 15, so, I guessed it is. The colour is yellowish and I can withstand the smell. One good thing about this Day Cream is that since the colour is yellowish, it's not so apparent when applied to face, no white cast issue. Hahaha, the texture is very smooth too. I like the airless bottle design, the texture, the colour and the total effects of fighting 7 signs of ageing (fine lines, uneven tone, age spots, uneven texture, dryness, dullness and pores). Anyway, I think the most obvious is the uneven texture and the most unnoticeable is the pores minimizing effect. Anyway, currently I am using a Olay Day Cream too.

9. Cosmoderm Vitamin E Oil 15,000 I.U. with Rosehip Oil 30ml
I bought this solely for the rosehip oil. I am into anything rosehip oil. Hahaha! Actually, this is not the first time I use product from Cosmoderm. I used and finished a tub of cream from Cosmoderm before, I think the quality is not bad. Hence, I bought this Vitamin E oil. I combined the oil with my moisturizer and applied it on my face because the oil itself is quite thick, combining it with the moisturizer helped to make the texture smoother. After I started to use this, my colleagues commented that the redness on my face subsided a little. So, I am quite happy with this.

According to the manufacturer, it can help reduce acne scars, burns, scalds and chicken pox scars, can be used for dry and dehydrated skin, sunburn, premature skin and uneven skin tone. I think it helps me the most on the uneven skin tone.This Vitamin E oil contains Tocopherol, Caprylic (Capric Triglyeride),  Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Caprylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Rosa Canina fruit extract and BHP. When I see Rosa Canina now, I know it is the scientific name for Rosehip. Hahaha.

Overall, good product, but not so good packaging. The oil was dripping all over after few times use. So, the whole bottle is so oily, after cleaned it up a few times, I gave up and just let it be, I placed it on a pile of recycle paper to prevent the table of becoming too oily.

For cleansers, I feel that I have to lump it together. 
from left (11. Senka Speedy perfect whip,
14. Nature Republic Argan Real Nature Foam Cleanser,
15. Mentholatum Botanics (hydra whitening face wash),
10. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Foam Wash)
10. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Foam Wash
The form is very dense. But I really don't like the smell. I feel that the cleansers from Hada Labo has a very plasticky smell. It's a good cleanser, if it's on great sales, sure, I will buy again. Hahaha.

12. Senka Speedy Perfect Whip
Compared to Hada Labo Acid foaming wash, the Spedy Perfect Whip is not so dense. So, I feel I needed more than one pump to properly clean the face. Actually, I finished up 2 bottles in a short span of time. Part of the reasons I bought this was due to this is very much cheaper compared to the Hada Labo Acid Foaming Wash. Since I have to use more. The cost per use is similar.

14. Nature Republic Argan Real Nature Foam Cleanser
I feel that this last forever, when I finally used this up, I was so relieved. For a cleanser like this, I think it's not bad. The smell is ok. But, high probability will not repurchase.

15. Mentholatum Botanics (hydra whitening face wash)
I bought this not for the whitening effect, but for the hydrating property. This also last forever compared to the Senka Speedy Perfect Whip. After I started to use the pump type dispenser cleanser, I feel that this tube type is very inconvenient, especially when reaching the last bit of the cleanser. So, high chance will not repurchase this also.

11. Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum 2x Essential
When I clicked to buy this, I thought it will come with 2 bottles, I was mistaken, the '2x' doesn't mean 2 bottles. I think it means 2x effect.I read some reviews for this product and some mentioned that they directly used this as moisturizer, well, for me, it's not bad, but certainly not good enough as moisturizer. I don't know about others, but sometimes when I poured the serum out, not all would be on my palm, some will be left on the outer bottle wall and finally, it became a gel like structure on the bottle. I wondered if I never wash my face after applying this, will my face surface become yellowish like the gel on the outer wall? Not going to try it though. Hahaha.

13. Cosmoderm Co Enzyme Q10 with Vitamin A Eye Treatment Gel (Gel Rawatan Mata)
Most of the Cosmoderm products that I used before were not bad. But not this eye treatment gel. Although I pat it gently around my eyes, the gel just sat on the skin, not adsorbed at all. Plus, the bottle dispensing is not good, definitely not going to buy it again.

16. Loshi Moisture Skin Cream Lithospermum Root シコン紫根スキンクリーン
The detail description for this cream mentions that this is very moisturizing (もっともっとうるおい). This contains horse oil and Lithospermum Root. I think I have tried all of the skin cream for this range from Loshi. I used this on my feet. If I don't use any, my feet will become very dry and crack. I think it is slightly better than the original horse oil cream. Wikipedia shows that Lithospermum Root or Shikon can be used as herb and dye (purple). Well, the bottom of the bottle has some purple material remain. I am buying another bottle of this, waiting for it to be delivered.

17. Exuviance Rejuvenating Treatment Masque (samples)
I got this when I bought some Exuviance products from a beauty salon as free samples. It's a type peel off mask. I would apply moisturizer first before I applied this mask. I don't really like to use face mask / peel off mask lately, I feel it's quite troublesome. Plus, I have to wash my face to completely get rid of the mask. So, I got lazy and decided to throw it away although there are still some left in the tube.

18. Naruko Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Pore Minimizing & Brightening Night Gelly
I have no luck with Apple Seed and Tranexamic Acid Soothing White Night Gelly, but this is still so so OK. I really do not like the smell of Job's Tears, if I knew earlier that Job's Tears is actually barley, I would not buy it. But, since I already bought this, I finished this.

19. Naruko Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX
The packaging is different from the one I bought from Taiwan few years ago. From all the range from Naruko, I have best luck with the Rose & Botanic. I really think that the night gelly is good for the skin, plus, it smells nice.

20. White Formula Super Moist Toner With Hyaluronic Acid ヒアルロン酸保湿化粧水
This is a free sample when I bought the lotion. The texture is a bit like the Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion. Maybe it's in my head, but I feel that this toner has a more pleasant scent than the Super Moist Lotion from the same brand. Hahahahaha. I tried to buy a full sized toner for this, but couldn't find it in Guardian Online. Maybe the pharmacy didn't carry this brand anymore.

21. Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Revitalising Night Cream 
I tried this in a pharmacy and like the feeling on my skin. So, I bought this. Other creams will leave the feeling of stickiness on the skin for a while, but not this, this is so smooth. After applying, the face when touched with hand was so smooth and soft. Not sure it's absorbed into the skin or not though. For the ingredients, I only heard of Niacinamide and olive oil. Both very hydrating ingredients. Already have a standby for this cream in my possession.

22. It's My Hand Cream (Honey Berry)
Bought this for the packaging, I think it's cute. But I will not repurchase, I feel it's not as good as the pharmacy house brand (Guardian & Watsons Pharmacy) hand cream although it is in the similar price range.

23. Safi Pure Olive Oil (Minyak Zaitun Sejati)
Everytime I saw the 'sejati' on the packaging, I laughed from the heart. I don't know why I have this feeling. I used this on my hair. So far so good, now I am using Safi Olive Oil with Sea Cucumber.

Lastly, because I dragged too long, I have finished few other items. So, summarize here before I close this summary.
Jan 18 empties
24. Botaneco Garden Organic Trio Oil Body Lotion (Moisturizing)
Another bottle of Botaneco Garden body lotion, it contains babassu oil, baobab oil, chufa oil, avocado oil, etc like the relaxing range. This one is moisturizing with sweet almond and argan oil. Between the relaxing and moisturizing body lotion, I like this one better. Although it is very moisturizing, it is not greasy and I felt that the skin could absorb it fast.

25. Loshi Moisture Skin Cream Urea 尿素(にょうそ)スキンクリーン
I was surprised that this cream does not list horse oil as one of the ingredients, the scent is same with other Loshi Skin Cream. I thought all Loshi Skin Creams contain horse oil. Well, it is interesting that Urea can be a ingredient in a skin care product and on the other hand, a main ingredient for fertilizer in agriculture industry. Well, I used this on my feet too. I feel that it is not as good as the other Loshi Moisture Skin Cream, but I do not know how to describe the feeling. I think I finished around 4 to 5 tubes of Loshi Moisture Skin Cream already, my feet will going to get Loshi for a long time. Hahaha!

Other than empties, I also decided to throw some items.
throwing away
a. BCL Tsururi Ghassoul Mineral Clay Pack
I bought this in Japan, my first clay mask, i think. Gasshoul is also known as Morocco lava clay. It also contains honey and sugar. Sugar is to help exfoliate the skin. The lava clay to unclog the pores and remove old skin layer. Actually, it has been in almost finished condition for a very long time, but I do not give up to squeeze until the last bit. Now, I give up, so throw the remaining little bit of clay pack.

b. Exuviance Purifying Clay Masque
Not finished, but expired. So, throw.

c. A'Pieu Pure Block Mild Plus Sun Cream
I didn't like this because it left white cast on the skin. Then, I forgot about it. When I finally remember it, the cream already become no good. When I squeezed the cream out, it came out in 2 part, clear liquid and some white particles. Actually, the expire date is on 2019, but the cream already disintegrate, so, dispose.

d. Sierra Bees Organic Lip Balm (Honey)
Although there are good reviews for this, I am not compatible with this lip balm. My lips became swollen and red after using this. Actually I kept this for a long time already, need to 5S my room, throw since not going to use it anyway.

e. Enchanteur Paris Magique (free gift)
I don't use fragrance. Initially I wanted to spray it on my cupboard, but I didn't like the smell. So, throw also. It's too small to be given to others anyway.

f. Samples 
I don't remember when I got the samples. Expiry date is not printed on the packaging. So, throw also. 

1 comment:

  1. Good blog post..please keep sharing
    Book online bus ticket from Redbus

    ReplyDelete