Saturday 6 January 2018

Hand Creams from Guardian Pharmacy And Watsons Pharmacy

Hand cream is part of my skin care must-haves. But I will not spend more than RM20 for a tube of hand cream. I used to get the Korean made hand creams, but that also become more expensive in recent years and apart from the packaging, I think it is not tally with the quality.
hand creams from Guardian and Watsons house brand
Then I remembered the blogs from a few Taiwanese bloggers. Quite a number of them recommended Watsons Olive Hand Cream. Many sing praises on the hand cream, claiming it's a good affordable hand cream. So, when I was buying stuffs from Watsons online, I added one "Olive Hand Cream" into my cart to try it out. It's from the range "Naturals by Watsons" and on the packaging, it stated that it's made of certified organic olive oil from Italy. It's free of colourants and Isothiazolinone. It also contains shea butter, grape seed oil, sunflower seed oil, etc. Similar ingredients with most of the hand creams.

Olive Hand Cream (Naturals by Watsons)
For two of the Guardian Hand Creams, I bought it to qualify for free shipping from Guardian Online. One was Botaneco Garden Organic Argan & Virgin Olive Oil - Nourishing Hand Cream. It contains Organic Argan Oil from Morocco and Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and free of Parabens, Silicone, soap, colourant, Lanolin, Dea, SLS and SLES. I don't understand why it specified that it doesn't contain soap.
Botaneco Garden Organic Argan & Virgin Olive Oil-Nourishing Hand Cream
Another was Guardian Mediterranean Grape Seed Oil Hand Cream of the "Les Tentations Méditerranéennes" range, it contains eco-certified Mediterranean grape seed oil, French barley malt, Albanian sweet violet, etc, oh, and free of paraben and Lalonin.
Guardian Mediterranean Grape Seed Oil Hand Cream
All three are made in Thailand. Well, the "organic" oil is in vogue now. All three specified that it contains organic oil. Hahaha! I wondered if there are so many 'true' organic oil available in the market. Sometimes, the word organic is used too loosely. I went to a class for hydroponic farming and the coordinator keep mentioning that the vegetable from hydroponic farming is organic. I feel vegetable grown from hydroponic is definitely not organic, I mean the fertilizer A and B for hydroponic farming is definitely chemical based, it is no way near organic status.
the opening of the hand creams
Among the 3 hand creams, I think the best hand cream is Botaneco Garden Organic Argan & Virgin Olive Oil - Nourishing Hand Cream. The Watsons Olive Hand Cream stands in the middle.

For Botaneco Garden Organic Argan & Virgin Olive Oil - Nourishing Hand Cream, the texture is the runniest among the three. The smell is very nice too. The packaging is translucent, so one can see how many left inside the tube. Quite convenient.

For Watsons Olive Hand Cream, it is a decent hand cream. Easy to absorb and not sticky. The smell is quite fresh too. While for Guardian Mediterranean Grape Seed Oil Hand Cream, the texture is good, but the smell is really not to my liking. Definitely not going to buy again after I finish up the hand cream.

Hahaha, anyway, I have no need to buy hand cream anytime soon. 3 tubes available now. Will feel guilty if adding some more.
from left (Guardian Mediterranean Grape Seed Oil Hand Cream (purple), Botaneco Garden Organic Argan & Virgin Olive Oil - Nourishing Hand Cream, Watsons Olive Hand Cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment