Sunday 17 July 2016

Empties For First Half '16

The time flies, so fast and I am reviewing the empties for first half of 2016. Actually, I grew tired of keeping the empty bottles, so after collecting some, I took photos and discarded the bottles, tubes, etc. 

The empties were mostly repeated items. 
Empties by March 2016

1. Guardian Ultra-Hydrating Velvety Rose Hand Cream 
Well, although it's just a 40ml tube, I felt that it's very difficult to finish this. When I kept this at home, the volume barely changes, it only started to decrease after I brought this to office and applied every working day. I used this not only on my hands, but on my legs as well, a portion of the skin on my leg is scaly and sometimes, I would feel itchy on that portion, so I would apply hand cream on my legs during office time, hahaha! A moisturised skin can contribute to a job well done too, an itchy leg can really mess with the mind, cannot concentrate on the work. 

2. Exuviance Hydrating Eye Complex
My first eye skin care was Etude House Vanilla Moist Eye's Cream, I think it made the skin under my eyes more wrinkly. Maybe my method was wrong. This Exuviance Hydrating Eye Complex was my second eye skin care. Truth to be told, I don't think that it helps me to stay young too (around my eyes). I couldn't see the effect after I applied this, maybe I am growing older and it only helps to maintain the skin. Or again, my method is wrong or I applied too little because I felt that it's quite expensive, it's RM190 for 15g (I bought it a few years ago, it must be more expensive nowadays). Anyway, luckily I finished it around this time, it will expire on July 2016.

According to the introduction on the packaging, this eye cream is to smooth and brighten the eye area and "visibly" reduce fine lines. It is formulated with Polyhydroxy Acids Gluconolactone (anti-aging) and Lactobionic Acid plus Pro-Vitamin A, C and E. It is also ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested. Well, I can attest that my eyes were not itchy after I applied this.
Exuviance Hydrating Eye Complex

Exuviance Hydrating Eye Complex
One thing that stands out about this Exuviance brand is it keeps mentioning "not tested on animals" on the packaging. Well, I think it is more on the market trend and the customers sentiment. 
Before I tossed the tube, I cut it open, I am so proud of myself, I squeezed it until very little left. Yeah!

3. Exuviance Soothing Toning Lotion
Well, it's a good toner for me. End of story.

4. Naruko Rose & BOTANIC HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX
This is my second bottle and I am using my third bottle now. It's a good smelling, non greasy moisturizer and because it's not so expensive, I am quite generous with the usage. I like the stopper at the dispenser area, so I kept one empty bottle for my future travel use (if I decide to stay in a cheaper accommodation which do not provide toiletries), I think it's good to store shampoos. 

5. Special Biomedical Repair Cream
Very satisfied with this, I finished this until not a little bit of cream left. Overall, this is a good product for me, the only gripe is the design of the lid between the tub and cap, the thing to pull the lid off the jar (don't know what it calls) on top of the lid is very fragile, after awhile, it broke off, and I had to use my nail to open it, so I couldn't cut my nails short, need to keep some length to open this up. I drew a red circle on the broke off area!
empty bottle of Special Biomedical Repair Cream

6. AMPM 10X Peptide Ultra-Light UV lotion SPF30 50ml
I bought this two years ago. However, I didn't touch it until I finished up my Aqualabel Sunscreen and I didn't have time to go out to buy to replace the Aqualabel. So, I opened this up and started to use this. It's not a bad sunscreen. Initially, I didn't like the smell, but it grew on me and I didn't feel anything about the smell now. Hahaha!
Empties from April to Early July 16
7. Naruko Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX
My second bottle. It's a good product. I think it's one of the items that helped improve my acne condition. Initially, I wanted to try other night gelly and bought the anti aging type, I would have to say it's not my thing, so I will probably re-purchase exactly this Naruko Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly.

8. Nivea Intensive Moisture Body Milk Lotion (Dry to Very Dry Skin)
My favourite go to body lotion. It contains Vitamin E and grape seed oil. I have tried other body lotions, but this is the cheapest option that do the similar jobs. Although I think it's good for me, for some people, some might feel it's too heavy. I tried Nivea Extra Whitening Firming Body Lotion before too, but it's not moisturising enough for me. 

When I read refinery29, in US, in similar packaging, the product is called Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion with almond oil. Interesting, I wondered why there're two versions of lotion for Dry to Very Dry Skin. Normally, I bought this body lotion during sales in pharmacy, it's around RM30 for twin pack, very affordable. 

9. Fascy Moisture Bomb Hand Cream (Milk)
I will not repurchase this. There are many affordable hand creams out there. Plus, the smell was not that great. Anyhow, I finished this until the last drop. When I couldn't squeeze the remaining cream out, I cut it open and used up every last bit. 

10. AMPM 10X Peptide Ultra-Light UV lotion SPF30 50ml
Second bottle in six months.

11. Goodal Phytoshine Acaiberry Brightening Cream
The reason I bought this was because it was in huge discount. However, it's near expiry date. So, I applied this cream a bit too generously and finished it in two months time. To me, this cream didn't improve or made my skin worse. It's just a decent cream, but I am not sure whether the near expiry date has anything to do with the not so effective properties. Anyway, if the scent of this cream is the scent of Acaiberry, I will avoid buying product containing Acaiberry in the future, I am not a fan of the scent.

12. Goodal Phytorain Murumuru Seed Hydra Serum
Another near expiry date product I got. I also use generously and in two months time, it's gone. I kind of like this serum. The smell was pleasant for me. I use this after toner and before moisturizer.
near expiry date products
13. Cellina Cream 雪芙蘭滋養霜
A product similar to Nivea Creme. From some Taiwanese blog, this cream is staple in many households. Some even use this on their faces. I didn't dare to do that though. I used this on my feet before sleep and to seal it up, I wore socks. My feet improved after I did that. However, since this Cellina Cream finished, I stopped and calloused feet appeared. Ahhhhhhhh, have to start applying lotion on my feet again.

14. Exuviance Purifying Clay Masque
If I remembered, then I would put the clay on my face, if I didn't remember, then I didn't do it for weeks. I am now a fan of sleeping mask, not a fan of this kind of clay mask anymore. However, the beautician kept advising me to do clay mask to soak up the oil on my face. I am so lazy for this. Now I don't even do sheet mask anymore. Currently, I have zero stock of sheet mask. Hahaha!

15. Laneige Water Bank Eye Gel (3ml)
This is a very small tube of eye gel and I finished it a very short time. I didn't use eye cream anymore after this one finished and until now, I didn't feel I need to buy eye cream. I felt that my skin around my eyes looked the same even after I didn't use eye cream for months. 

16. Shiseido Aqualabel Moisture Lotion R
A good toner for me, I bought the R series because I wanted the moisturizing property of this toner. Initially, I didn't like the smell, but after awhile, I grew to ignore it because somehow, I didn't smell anything when I applied this. Hahaha. 

17. Naruko Rose & BOTANIC HA Aqua Cubic Moisturizer EX
My third bottle. Haven't repurchase because I wanted to finish up my other moisturizer.

18. Safi Minyak Zaitun Plus Ros Hip
I use this olive oil product as my hair oil. So far so good. 

19. Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion - Grapefruit & Geranium
I bought this when I wanted to splurge a bit for myself. It's organic, without paraben and it has 100% vegetarian ingredients. Well, it's not a bad body lotion, but I found the scent very unpleasant. Since it's paraben free, I was worried that the smell was the signal of this body lotion turned rancid due to the oils used in this lotion. However, since my body didn't have any rashes and pretty well moisturized (not itchy), I continued to use and finished it up. Well, if I repurchase at all, it will not be the "Grapefuit and Geranium". I will choose other scents.

20. Nature Republic Real Nature Rose Essence
Well, between Goodal Phytorain Murumuru Seed Hydra Serum and this Nature Republic Real Nature Rose Essence, I like them both. I bought this Real Nature Rose Essence first, but half way, due to the Murumuru Seed Hydra Serum was going to expire, I stopped using this and finished up the Hydra Serum first. Then, I restarted to use this Rose Essence. It's a good smelling product, neither sticky or watery. Sometimes, I wondered whether it's too much because after applying this Rose Essence, I applied moisturizer. However, since my cheek is ok, I continued to use all these products. It's different case for my chin though, after one year of acne free face, it came back around one month ago although I didn't change any product during that period. Ahhh, out of topic, I am loving the rose and rosehip products now, so, I think I might go for the rosehip oils in the near future. Hahaha. 

I never realized that it's an anti aging product until I was prepared to dispose the packaging. Mmmm, it's not a drying product but I felt that my wrinkles still looked the same. Hahaha, have to take a before and after photo to compare.
It's an anti aging product

21. Hada Labo Mild & Sensitive Skin Face Wash
Well, the first thing when I saw that it's made in China, I felt weird because normally FMCG like skin care or toiletries items're normally made in Thailand. China is known for many products, but certainly not toiletries. However, after I noticed this, I found out that many toiletries are indeed made in China nowadays. Wow, China is really the factory of the world. Malaysia manufacturing industries really need to up the ante to survive.

Back to this face wash, it contains Licorice extract, Calendula extract, Ginkgo Biloba leaves extract and the buzz ingredient, Hyaluronic Acid. On the packaging, it also mentions that it's fragrances free, colourant free, mineral oil free and alcohol free. Well, I must said that I hate the smell, I felt it smelled plasticky. Although some scents would grew on me, this face wash did not, anyway, since my face didn't react badly to this face wash, I finished it up. It's so many months. 

Hahaha, that's all the products I successfully finish up. Still have many bottles in my possession that going to expire soon and collecting dust, I will purge all of it one day, after I am done mourning for the money wasted!

2 comments:

  1. ever try naruko that green tea ones?

    is it good for pimple prone ?

    just wonder cause saw many empties of naruko here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, I never try their tea tree series. but very tempted to buy the "Naruko Tea Tree Purifying Essential Oil". so far, the best for me is still the Naruko Rose series.

      Delete