Wednesday 14 October 2015

Naruko Night Gelly (Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX and ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly)

When I went to Taiwan last year, I bought many MIT skin care, that included 3 bottles of night gelly from Naruko. The Watson Taiwan was having a buy one free one promotion for Naruko products, and there was a group of girls who were very excited and kept telling me and my friend how cheap it was compared to Malaysia. Although I had never use any of the Naruko product before, me and my friend (my friend CY watched a lot of Taiwanese programs and she knew about the Naruko) got influenced and bought their famed products, the night gelly. I bought 3 bottles and CY got 5 bottles. I got two bottles of Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX for the price of one and for the ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly deal, I shared it with CY, so I paid half price for it.

Well, I always wondered why the retailers loved the buy one free one promotion, I prefer direct 50% discount because sometimes, I just didn't need two of the same items. Either it would expired before I could finish the product or I fall out of love with the item, or worst case I had to stop using it due to complications on the skin. Personally, I really think that discount is better than buy 1 free 1 promotion.

I started to use the Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly (very mouthful) last November. The smell was quite pleasant. Initially, I was quite worried that my acne condition would get worse with the nightly dose of  this night gelly. To my surprise, I found out that after applying this, the oiliness on my nose area became less oily. No matter how thick the night gelly I applied. It would dry up fast and left a layer of film on my skin. I think it's ok. At least it didn't mess up my pillow case, it's some sort of sleeping mask after all.
Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX
Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX
The texture of the night gelly was not so watery, there's some solidness in it. Although it came with a scoop and I didn't lose it. I didn't use it to scoop out the gelly. I used the scoop for once or twice and gave up, it was too not user friendly. So, my finger was my tool. From the instructions on the cover, once opened, it must be used asap. So, I diligently applied and I think I finished it up in four months time. Now, I still have one bottle left in my possession. 
Ingredients of Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly EX
After the Rose & Botanic Night Gelly finished, I continued with ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly. When I first started using this, somehow I broke out and my face was very itchy. I was using three new products that time and I was not sure which was the culprit. So, I stopped one of those two to find out. It turns out that it's the new toner I just bought online was not so good. I should be beware when the price was far too low compared to the beauty salon. Anyway, I didn't use this gelly as diligently as the previous Rose & Botanic Night Gelly. For this ampm Night Gelly, I think the smell was quite "chemical". Anyway, I didn't feel any improvements on my skin after I started using this. With the Rose & Botanic Night Gelly, I felt my skin was smoother. 
ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly
Anyway, since the ampm night felly didn't break me out, I kept using it, not yet finish, but almost. The packaging of this ampm night gelly was quite clean and simple, it gave a impression of medical product, even the smell reflected that. Hahaha! I like the Rose & Botanic packaging better. 
ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly
Compared to the Rose & Botanic Night Gelly, the texture of this ampm Super Triple Night Gelly was quite runny. The feeling was like applying a layer of very waterly agar agar on my face. I think after a few times of lifting the lid and put back to cover up the gelly, the lid stuck to the cap and I couldn't get it out. It has been going on for months now. 
ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly
Ingredients of ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly
Although the review on the ampm Super Triple HA Night Gelly was better than the Rose & Botanic HA Aqua Cubic Night Gelly. I prefer the later and only will repurchase the later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment