Monday 3 November 2014

Moisturized During Winter

I never understood the need of body lotion, hand cream and lip balm when I was younger, but when I moved to a country with four seasons, I really appreciated the lotions. During the dry winter months, I would feel itchy all over. So, I applied the body lotion diligently. My record was one 400ml bottle lotion in a month. In Malaysia, even a small bottle body lotion would stay in my possession for years and the volume wouldn't change much. Hahaha!

A friend once told me to take short showers and cut down the use of shower gel to reduce the dryness, however I couldn't do it, during winter time, the long hot water bath was so soothing, so warm, so calming. So, I used up many bottles of body lotion and I didn't have any preferences. As long as it's not sticky, then it's fine for me. 
essentials during winter (body lotion, hand cream and lip balm)
Then, I discovered hand cream, it's very useful when one was out and not convenient to bring a huge bottle of body lotion. It could fit perfectly well into a small bag and did't add to the weight so much. Sometimes, when I was in the office and I felt itchy, I would bring the hand cream to the toilet to re-apply on my skin. It was a great help!
hand cream
Lastly, lip balm. I have never suffered from cracked lips in Malaysia, but few days in Japan, I have already suffered from that. So, lip balm is an essential item to have during winter too. However, I don't like the feeling of the lip balm, so I would only apply when I was out and the weather was very windy. 
lip balm
Although winter was very dry and it affected my body, sadly my face didn't improve with the dryness, my acne got worse during winter! Ah, I am actually relieved to be in Malaysia right now with the hot humid weather. Even though I am still having acne, at least it is not drying to the other parts of my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment