Saturday 15 February 2014

Simple Steps To Draw A Bear

I still remember when I was in primary school, a Malay Language teacher taught us how to draw a bear using a very simple method. I am never good at arty stuffs, so from that time onwards, I drew bear just like the way she taught me years ago. It came with a song, somehow I couldn't recall the whole song, just remember there were many "bulat" in the lyrics. 

*bulat (Malay) = circle
Simple steps to draw a not so cute bear
  1. Draw a circle (as the head)
  2. Add two little circles as the eyes
  3. Add one little circle on the center as the round nose
  4. Draw two half circles as the ears
  5. Add another half circle as the mouth
  6. Draw an oval shape under the head for the body
  7. Add two hands
  8. Add two legs
  9. Add something on the body for decorative purpose.
Hahaha, I add number 36 on the body because I remember the bear song ended with thirty six. 

Well, to capture the attention of students, language teachers have to think out of the box. In my beginner Japanese class, after learning the Hiragana, the teacher taught us to draw a face using a few Hiragana characters. The characters are へ, の, も and じ. Two へ will become the eye brows, two の will be the eyes, a も for the nose and another へ for the mouth. Finally, a じ will complete the face. Interesting, isn't it?
henohenomoheji へのへのもへじ

No comments:

Post a Comment