Sunday 24 November 2013

Big Bad Wolf Book Sale 2013

I told my boss that I will take leave on 6th December 2013 to go to a book fair, he's OK with it. Hahaha, this will be the 2nd time I take leave to go to this "Big Bad Wolf Book Sale". 

I first went to this book sale on 2009 after reading about it on the newspaper, when I reached Amcorp Mall, the queue was so long, I think I waited for 2 hours to go inside, imagine that, Malaysians queuing up to buy books. When I saw the price, it's so cheap! So, I bought more than ten books home, so satisfying ♥! Actually I brought along a recycle bag, when I saw what I wanted, I just put the book inside the bag until I felt it's quite heavy. I took public transport then, I had to lug the books from the LRT station and walked quite a distance to a bus station, I had to change the bus twice too. I felt like I almost fainted on the roadside. Anyway, I had a very good impression on the book sales already. Among all the books, I like 'the Big Oyster' and 'and a Bottle of Rum' the most. That is not the kind of books I would buy if it wasn't for the price. Thanks to "Big Bad Wolf"! 

Then, on 2010, me and a colleague (a fellow books lover) decided to go on the opening date to feel the atmosphere. It's on Friday, so both of us took half day leave to be there. The space was definitely bigger than the first book sales I went on 2009. However, the crowd was huge! That time around, my colleague drove me there, so I bought more books! We were like fan girls, posing with the big bad wolf cutout. After satisfying ourselves, we queued to pay. I chatted with fellow book lovers when queuing up, all of us were so happy! One of them actually bought five boxes of books, I was so surprised when she gave a card to the staff and they lugged out five boxes from the storage area for her. Wow, that's a little too much!

Although I still have many books (not even touch one page at all) when I knew I was going to be assigned to Japan, I went to BookXcess (book store and the organizer of the Big Bad Wolf book sale) to buy more books. I brought a huge box of books to Japan with me. Luckily, company paid for the transportation. ありがとう!

I read a lot when I was in Japan, I even bought more books from Amazon Japan, it's so convenient, although not as cheap as the Big Bad Wolf. I missed the 2011 and 2012 book sale, kind of sad actually. Now, finally I am back for good, I can go to the 2013 book sale, hahahaha! When I knew there will be a book sale when they announced it on September, me and my buddy already decided to take half day leave and enjoy buying books on the first day itself. So looking forward to this! I hope there will be more books on science fiction and historical stuffs.
the book mark from one of the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale (interesting with a short story behind it)
Ah, I had to find a place to keep my future books. My house is brimming with books now!
most of the books came from the Big Bad Wolf Sale
some of the books came from the Big Bad Wolf Sale
some of the books came from the Big Bad Wolf Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment