Tuesday 11 December 2012

Election in Japan

While the election in Malaysia have been dragging on for almost a year now (I think even the fortune tellers were running out of months to predict), Japanese will have their election on 16th December 2012. My colleague told me that she will vote on that day and she seemed very enthusiastic. 
16th December 2012 - Election day in Japan
I only felt the election heat today when I saw the current Japan Prime Minister's photo in advertisement next to summary of a Chinese online romance novel. It was above the hair removal advertisement too. I actually laughed out loud! The campaigning is on almost every website I go from various political parties. Gone were the days when the politicians had to go door to door to meet the voters. Now, they are campaigning online.
election campaign next to summary of romance novel
this advertisement is luckier, on Yahoo Japan main page
Mmmmm, I remembered last week when I went to supermarket, I passed by a lone man standing in front of a field with a loud speaker and a political party banner (not sure whether he was a candidate or supporter). Although no audience at all, the cars and bicycles just passed by and did  not stop. He spoke with much excitement and for quite long. I could still hear the speech after I walked for around 5 minutes passed the area.

I read an article where the author compared the Japanese writers (famous one) and Japanese politicians. She said that it was easier to book an interview with the politicians than the writers. Not just any politicians, but someone with minister post was easily accessible too. Not sure this is true or not.  

Japanese will have the chance to choose their representative from a lot of political parties (many new political parties) on 16th December 2012. I hope that when Malaysia finally hold the elections, every eligible person will go to vote.

#just for fun, AKB48 roped in to urge people to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment