A good friend and colleague resigned from the company after 20ish years. That's very brave of her, the time I resigned from my first job, I have been there for more than 10 years, that took a lot of courage to resign. Hahaha! I am hoping she will fly and soar in her new job.
Anyway, since she has been in the company for so long, she had almost daily farewell lunches with many colleagues from multiple departments. And finally, it's our turn, this farewell lunch didn't include our bosses. Normally for our farewell, welcome lunch, we would gather in Paradigm mall or Subang Parade to avoid the parking issue. At least, confirm can get parking. We couldn't waste time finding parking, still have to rush back to work. Many of us had meeting on 1.30pm or 2pm. Well, I had meeting on 1.30pm, and I told my boss I will be late.
The place that was being chose was Tea Garden in Paradigm Mall. My colleague had chosen all kinds of Kopitiam for her farewell meal. She mentioned that the variety of foods and the affordability are the main reason. Previously, sometimes we would choose Chili's or Serai. It's a bit more expensive than Tea Garden.
Well, since she was in the company for more than 20 years. So many people wanted to join the farewell lunch. Finally, since she was resigning, she left for Paradigm Mall first and got the QR code for us to start ordering. The rest of us left for Paradigm Mall after the designated lunch time. Me and my other few colleagues decided to just take Grab to the mall. Don't need to waste time even to find parking. Hahaha. So before most of us actually reached Tea Garden, the dishes already started to show up on the table. We took 4 tables in Tea Garden, but one table was quite far away, we didn't reach early enough to secure all neighbouring tables.
 |
| Quite beautiful to look at |
 |
| Another angle |
 |
| porridge set |
 |
| chicken rice |
 |
| fried yee mee (i think!) |
 |
| radish cake |
It's a joyful and sad farewell lunch. We ordered a lot, and ok, it's not even more than RM1k. I think Tea Garden will be the place to go for future lunches for the time being.
 |
| the bill |
No comments:
Post a Comment