Monday 20 July 2015

Sseal : Escargot 24K Gold Cream (The Face Shop)

I bought a snail mucus cream from the duty free shop when I was travelling in Korea a few years ago. I don't remember the price, but I do remember it was cheaper than my Shiseido D program toner. I didn't normally use something I was not familiar with, however since it was not expensive, it was having a buy two free one promotion, my friend wanted two only, so I agreed to take the third one. My friend was very confident with The Face Shop products, she said that a famous Taiwanese beauty show was praising this exact product. 

Well, the box design was quite fancy, the base was black with golden lines and words embossed on the surface. It came in a golden brown bottle with a giant lid (I think the lid alone contributed around 50% volume of the bottle). 
box of the Sseal Escargot 24K Gold Cream
For the ingredients, it boasts of 60% of filtered escargot mucus. For the gold content, I was quite amused by the description "3500ug of 24K gold". It's like 0.0035g of gold for the whole 50ml cream, very negligible amount. Plus, gold is actually inert, how can it improve the skin condition? I think the potent ingredient in this cream was the mucus, gold was just something to give the illusion of luxury.
Direction on how to use & Ingredients
Anyway, it came with a small spoon, however, I found it difficult to use, I used my finger. Some people might find it not hygienic, however, I applied skin care products after I washed my face, so my hands were cleaned indirectly, it's clean. The cream was whitish-transparent with tiny golden flakes. I tried it on my neck initially, didn't have rashes, so I tried it on my face after that. I still followed my skin care routine, toner, moisturiser, and this, the gold cream. It's not as slimy as I thought it would be. 

Well, I think it didn't do anything to improve my skin condition, I still had the occasional acne after using this. And I felt that after it dried of, it formed something like thin film on my skin, it's not being absorbed into the skin. Maybe I didn't try to massage it, too lazy. 

Sometimes, I didn't look at the mirror properly before I left the home after using this, I only realised that some 'golden' flakes stayed on my face when I was in the company, so I had to bear with that the whole day I was in company. I read some reviews on this product, some mentioned that the flakes disappeared after applying, Maybe the problem was still the same, I didn't pat it or massage it. 

After trying this cream for like two weeks, I felt that it didn't do anything to improve my face condition, so it was only used for neck area until I finished this cream. My neck would occasionally became itchy, since it happened occasionally, I am not sure what trigger this.

Anyway, it's empty. I finished it. Yeahhhh.

Verdict: Not going to buy it again. It didn't help my skin. Applied this on neck to finish it. 
There are tiny gold coloured flakes inside the cream

No comments:

Post a Comment